tompeter

Acoustic Energy AE1 Classic Reference Series Speakers

Super Wammer

Is not the original one's, is a reedition, are Made in China, is not the same, so... 

Cheers

Edited by Beckenham

The big "MADE IN ENGLAND" label on the box woudl seem to disagree with you!

As I recall, its only AE's budget ranges that are made in China. They make the Reference models in the UK.

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, Beobloke said:

The big "MADE IN ENGLAND" label on the box woudl seem to disagree with you!

As I recall, its only AE's budget ranges that are made in China. They make the Reference models in the UK.

Wrong! Show me the serial number box please, for compare the monitors, so,  your link shows a new AE1, is a re-edition Made in China, and the Union Jack on the rear not proof nothing. Only proof is lettering Made in England on the rear as following link shows: 

Please see this and what you see on the rear in each AE1.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACOUSTIC-ENERGY-AE1-Series-I-Classic-Model-Studio-Monitor-Speakers-AE1-STANDS/302872937429?_trkparms=aid%3D555017%26algo%3DPL.CASSINI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D53529%26meid%3D05b6a05691194f1dbf0eecf1a4fb639b%26pid%3D100506%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26%26itm%3D302872937429&_trksid=p2045573.c100506.m3226

Cheers

Having a close look,  they do seem a bit odd,  same seller had some rosewood AE1's last week and his AE2's are a different finish to mine.

56 minutes ago, Beckenham said:

Wrong! Show me the serial number box please, for compare the monitors, so,  your link shows a new AE1, is a re-edition Made in China, and the Union Jack on the rear not proof nothing. Only proof is lettering Made in England on the rear as following link shows: 

Please see this and what you see on the rear in each AE1.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACOUSTIC-ENERGY-AE1-Series-I-Classic-Model-Studio-Monitor-Speakers-AE1-STANDS/302872937429?_trkparms=aid%3D555017%26algo%3DPL.CASSINI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D53529%26meid%3D05b6a05691194f1dbf0eecf1a4fb639b%26pid%3D100506%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26%26itm%3D302872937429&_trksid=p2045573.c100506.m3226

Cheers

I'm not wrong at all actually. The pair in the above link are an original 1980s pair of AE1s. The pair in the first link of this thread are a pair of the re-launched 'AE1 Classic' from a few years back.

This page of discontinued products on AE's website shows the relaunched AE1 Classic -

http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/discontinued-products/reference-2-2/ae1-classic/

If you click on the 'Brochure' PDF, there is a shot of the rear panel which shows a label identical to those speakers in the original link of this post.

Finally, TechRadar reviewed this re-launched speaker in 2016. If I may borrow a couple of sentences from it: "The wood-based enclosure is actually made in Malaysia by AE's parent, but all the rest of the manufacture is carried out in Britain".

Edited by Beobloke
  • Like 1

Super Wammer

Right! All AE models are Made in Malaysia. 

The AE1 was the best monitors ever made.

Well, times changed to much

Cheers and thank you for your posting 

😀

Super Wammer
6 hours ago, Beckenham said:

Right! All AE models are Made in Malaysia. 

The AE1 was the best monitors ever made.

Well, times changed to much

Cheers and thank you for your posting 

😀

Sorry and I have no real idea why you seem so angry but wrong as noted and clearly explained these reissue speakers were engineered and completed in the UK the only item made in Malaysia (which just to be clear is not part of China ) was the wooden enclosure . The Drive units all fittings and the crossover all completed and made in the UK .

14 minutes ago, bencat said:

Sorry and I have no real idea why you seem so angry but wrong as noted and clearly explained these reissue speakers were engineered and completed in the UK the only item made in Malaysia (which just to be clear is not part of China ) was the wooden enclosure . The Drive units all fittings and the crossover all completed and made in the UK .

To be fair to Fernando, It looks like English is not his native language, and I think maybe you are misjudging his grammar as anger. But I could be wrong.

Super Wammer
14 minutes ago, alphatoner said:

To be fair to Fernando, It looks like English is not his native language, and I think maybe you are misjudging his grammar as anger. But I could be wrong.

Yes, absolutely right, I'm not angry at all, just the way of explain myself. :) 

Super Wammer
33 minutes ago, bencat said:

As I replay already I'm not angry at all, It was just my point of view.:^

Super Wammer
16 hours ago, Beckenham said:

Yes, absolutely right, I'm not angry at all, just the way of explain myself. :) 

Apologies Fernando the written word is not always as easy to judge as when you speak to someone directly .

Super Wammer
18 hours ago, bencat said:

Apologies Fernando the written word is not always as easy to judge as when you speak to someone directly .

No problem bencat :^ :) 

The new ones look shit compared to the originals.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1