Never seen these speakers (500s) before , they are astonishingly beautiful .

• Like 1

Well they arrived this afternoon - wow they are big!  The packing system (2 layers) was initially a bit complicated but actually quite clever design.  Set up, warmed up and then tried them this evening - gobsmacked.   Truly happy bunny here.

• Like 3

On 18/12/2018 at 08:57, samd said:

I thought I was excited before I read your post but now I'm drooling at the mouth!  Seriously though, really pleased to ditch the sub, it's a great bit of kit but pressure is coming from a certain quarter to 'rationalise'.  Is there 'owt else we have in common?  I have a beard!!!;)

My other half was pleased with the rationalisation here too ;)  I am sure that we will have other things in common, but no, alas, a beard. 

Let us know when you have them in place.  They arrive on a pallet and take some handling.  

17 hours ago, samd said:

Well they arrived this afternoon - wow they are big!  The packing system (2 layers) was initially a bit complicated but actually quite clever design.  Set up, warmed up and then tried them this evening - gobsmacked.   Truly happy bunny here.

I see that I was too late with my warning about the pallet!  They do take some running in, so don't be too worried if they go a little off colour along the way. Did you get the same finish as mine?   

19 hours ago, samd said:

Well they arrived this afternoon - wow they are big!  The packing system (2 layers) was initially a bit complicated but actually quite clever design.  Set up, warmed up and then tried them this evening - gobsmacked.   Truly happy bunny 

Wow..samd ...really happy to hear you love their sound. 

Really getting wet here with all your descriptions:D

19 hours ago, samd said:

Excellent! Great to see you here and congrats.

Now... Can we have some pics? :D

• Haha 1

Looking forward to hearing these at Kegworth - any volunteers?  :)

• Upvote 1

On 19/12/2018 at 17:58, insider9 said:

Excellent! Great to see you here and congrats.

Now... Can we have some pics? :D

20181221_181107.thumb.jpg.6a0bc3d0db999129a3f7b9a1cd62360c.jpg 

Pic herewith!  Christmas is just the wrong time for this sort of purchase when the lounge starts to sprout trees and sprouts!  Speakers some distance away from their final loc but nevertheless they are producing a significant number of wows per track so far.  OH out with girlies and me alone listening to Eva C's 'Imagine' CD with Gin in hand wondering just how important she would have been had she not left us so early.

John - guess which I went for!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, samd said:

Gin in hand

@ 6:11pm bit decadent , ok in another 19 minutes mind :D

You're going to tell me the clock has stopped xD

35 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

@ 6:11pm bit decadent , ok in another 19 minutes mind :D

AM or PM...? :dunno:

19 hours ago, samd said:

Pic herewith!  Christmas is just the wrong time for this sort of purchase when the lounge starts to sprout trees and sprouts!  Speakers some distance away from their final loc but nevertheless they are producing a significant number of wows per track so far.  OH out with girlies and me alone listening to Eva C's 'Imagine' CD with Gin in hand wondering just how important she would have been had she not left us so early.

Good choice! Happy listening  :) 

• Like 1

How go the speakers samd?  Mine just keep on giving, the run in on these is a long long time.....  An absolute bargain for this level performance.

Dealer
On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 19:07, samd said:

C500's are excellent speakers.