Hi ...

Didn't see a thread for Qacoustic's owners. So I started one :)

I have a all Qacoustics HT system of the concept 40's and concept centre as fronts. And the q7000i speaker package and sub as rear and surrounds. The main front two concept 40's are driven by a parasound halo integrated amp, out of the pre amp outputs of a marantz SR6011. I use the inbuilt dac of the parasound amp for music in 2 channel mode apart  from the HT for movies. And it all sounds lovely to my ears. 

The concept 40's were my first ever proper hifi purchase. And despite having a PMC twenty 26 driven by a devialet amp. I still find the concept 40's holding their own in comparison. I would have probably gone for the concept 500's if I hadn't bought the PMC's already. That is how good I think Qacoustics are.

And a great brand still in the making, with a sound that has already arrived with a bang. So if you own any Qacoustics stuff or like the brand. This is the place to ramble away . Cheers :)

nice one newlash , very surprised no owners thread as very popular and vfm 

Thanks hifinutt...

Even I was surprised on not finding one here. Never too late to start a good thing going :)

I have concept 20 speakers at the moment and really enjoy them.

However, I have a pair of Concept 500’s on order, due to be delivered this week!  Watch this space for more on these when I get them up and running :)

9 hours ago, nhojsllih said:

I have concept 20 speakers at the moment and really enjoy them.

However, I have a pair of Concept 500’s on order, due to be delivered this week!  Watch this space for more on these when I get them up and running :)

Wow..that's great news. Hearty congratulations on your purchase. Really glad you are going for the concept 500's, they get glowing reviews everywhere I read. Will look forward to your listening impressions :)

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Re the Concept 500, I read recently that they’ve introduced a black or white finish, for about £500 less than the launch duo-tone finishes.  I suspect the originals may not have suited conventional tastes, and the price cut is rare these days.  

I hope there is some take up for these, because brand snobbery can be evident, despite the results. 

Also looking forward to a review from John in due course!

• Like 1

I have ordered the Black Gloss/Rosewood finish, as I think it looks superb!  They are due to arrive today hopefully, direct shipping from Armour (91kg parcel apparently!).

I will post up initial thoughts while they are running in and some pics :)

Best regards,

John

Super Wammer
20 minutes ago, nhojsllih said:

I have ordered the Black Gloss/Rosewood finish, as I think it looks superb!  They are due to arrive today hopefully, direct shipping from Armour (91kg parcel apparently!).

Best regards,

John

I hope you get some help, unless you’re a retired Mr Universe!  I found that manhandling mine was only possible with care and practice. (I’d had demo ones first).  You chose the best finish I think!

• Like 1

On 15/10/2018 at 15:41, Nopiano said:

Re the Concept 500, I read recently that they’ve introduced a black or white finish, for about £500 less than the launch duo-tone finishes.  I suspect the originals may not have suited conventional tastes, and the price cut is rare these days.  

I hope there is some take up for these, because brand snobbery can be evident, despite the results. 

I agree there is lots of brand snobbery in this hobby. Like I for one have never considered cambridge audio. So even iam at fault. But that is why most companies have a budget range in my opinion.  Having lived with 2 sets of qacoustics speakers, and loving them to bits. Iam now a fanboy of sorts. So the brand snobbery wouldn't be there when it comes to qacoustics for me. But it would continue to be there for other brands I guess.

On 15/10/2018 at 15:41, Nopiano said:

I agree there is lots of brand snobbery in this hobby. Like I for one have never considered cambridge audio. So even iam at fault. But that is why most companies have a budget range in my opinion.  Having lived with 2 sets of qacoustics speakers, and loving them to bits. Iam now a fanboy of sorts. So the brand snobbery wouldn't be there when it comes to qacoustics for me. But it would continue to be there for other brands I guess.

On 16/10/2018 at 11:35, nhojsllih said:

They are here and in place. I've not moved them around much yet to compare how they respond to position, but they are already sounding splendid.  Some running in will be required I am sure, but even out of the box I can tell they are something special.

More to come on these speakers soon....  For the time being, here are a few pics :)

fullsizeoutput_3ff2.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3fef.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3ff4.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3ff5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3ff8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3ff1.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I just went wow :D

hearty congratulations and they do look splendid dripping in gloss. Please do let us know how they sound, once you have listened a bit. Thanks :)

• Upvote 1

On 23/10/2018 at 21:09, newlash09 said:

I just went wow :D

hearty congratulations and they do look splendid dripping in gloss. Please do let us know how they sound, once you have listened a bit. Thanks :)

I loved them except for the big bass that scared the hell out of me for my echo chamber of a room. :)

He has nice carpeting and think curtains, I reckon he is set.  What a great speaker.

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

They look great, but surely they need a bit more air around them than that?  Maybe it’s my eyes, but are those ornaments on top, in the last picture?  If so, that’s asking for a buzz or rattle, but maybe the cabinets are so inert it’s not a problem!  

Happy listening!

Edited by Nopiano
Typos

12 hours ago, Nopiano said:

They look great, but surely they need a bit more air around them than that?  Maybe it’s my eyes, but are those ornaments on top, in the last picture?  If so, that’s asking for s buzz or rattle, but maybe the cabinets are so inert it’s nit a problem!  

Happy listening!

I would agree with Nopiano. I think they might need more space behind them. My much smaller concept 40's, boom noticeably when pushed up less than 45cms from the rear wall