EddieRUKidding

The lowest Cost System you will ever hear

I bet you both have a gambling problem.

• Like 1

Do you mean removing or just dismounting the crossover Daniel?

• Like 1

Back to the original idea.

B&W 601s with stands, about £30. Nowhere near as 'hard' as others in the range. Leak Stereo 30 Plus. £15 if you shop around, though they're going up in value because I bought far too many of them (don't ask. Seriously, don't). £10 or so for a 70s or 80s CD player that works. You don't need more.

You can experiment with 70s speakers, but it's a minefield. The Stereo 30s can be dodgy, but most are way, way better than they have any right to be.

That's it. About £50 for a party system that will surprise you. And not in a bad way.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

O God you have to explain everything. Of course the tweeters are protected by a capacitor and resistor . It also acts to level outputs.

Edited by Danielquinn
  • Like 1

But they are part of the crossover, which you are telling us you removed...

• Like 2

Back to the original idea.
B&W 601s with stands, about £30. Nowhere near as 'hard' as others in the range. Leak Stereo 30 Plus. £15 if you shop around, though they're going up in value because I bought far too many of them (don't ask. Seriously, don't). £10 or so for a 70s or 80s CD player that works. You don't need more.
You can experiment with 70s speakers, but it's a minefield. The Stereo 30s can be dodgy, but most are way, way better than they have any right to be.
That's it. About £50 for a party system that will surprise you. And not in a bad way.
I'd be interested to hear a 70s CD player, which models were you thinking of? :)

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Couple of thoughts

£10-£20 would get a original Play Station 1 (not as daft as it sounds) stick it in front of a old Marantz or Yamaha integrated £20 or even a inexpensive new Chinese T-amp with blue tooth is similar money add a pair of Mordaunt short speakers £20-£30ish 

Probably make a half decent sounding garage workshop system. for £70ish

Less hassle would be

New Chinese T amp with blue tooth £25, pair of 80's book shelf speakers £25 use your phone as source and for fifty quid you could seriously annoy the neighbours while working on the car.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lawrence001 said:

I'd be interested to hear a 70s CD player, which models were you thinking of? :)

1870's CD player

thgramcd.jpg

Super Wammer
On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 20:45, Lawrence001 said:

Me too, must be made by Doctor Who Ltd, given the first CD player was released in 1982.

• Like 1

Actually here is a bigger pic, where you can also see the PA amp(I know its not HIFI) sitting to the Side for the Guitars and also to give that Spinal Tap vol 11 effect when sitting outside (too loud in the Room then- luckily no neighbours, also long way from Ramsay street) ;)

IMG_0453big.jpg

IMG_0452big.jpg

Edited by EddieRUKidding

Super Wammer

Sadly I do no use LP anymore so would not be able to put that front end system together . Just did a quick gander through various splock entries and was able to put this as a system that I would feel would sound very good for the money . NAD 7020 Tuner Amp (£25) , Marantz 63SE CD Player (£20) , Mission 700 speakers (£15) . Speakers are likely to be the weakest element but did not have too long to look for somehting different .

• Like 1

Luxman  L5 £4

Jbl L40 £50

Sony cd 915E £40

Denon TU260 £5

Actually a system of some ability and refinement. The L40's came in with a Carver Magnetic Field Amp for the £50, but needed refoaming so I suppose come out about the same.

Edited by ff1d1l
  • Like 1

On 30/08/2018 at 13:58, greybeard said:

Goldring Lenco GL69 with Nagoaka MP11  £25

Pioneer A400   £40

Snell J type11   £100

All bought locally, through word of mouth.

Sounds remarkably good.

You certainly did well to turn those up :). The MP11 was one of my old favourites back in the day, a good alternative to the Shure mania that seemed to prevail. I've never had a chance to listen to Snells though, something to put on the list of "to dos".

• Like 1