The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

ziggy

NVA Owners Club

12 hours ago, Richard Dunn said:

The one I have seen here and it is CE marked, it is such a simple device self certification is all that is needed. I think he is a DIY guy just selling some, he started mostly selling as kits. I think the problem is he needs to re-do his photos.

In that case, no problem at all.

I know the circuit and the construction looks fine.

14 hours ago, Richard Dunn said:

So much confusion - 7 torroid transformer means nothing, even when they VA rate them it really means nothing much. If your amps are class A then you may need two of them to be safe, if they really are class A and not just some class AB pretending to be. Or if you use them as a disco or a PA, apart from that normal hi-fi normal listening normal room you will never overload them IMO. BUT they are not my product, you are getting *my opinion*.

No my power amps are not proper class A they are high bias class AB, they draw 230 watts ( 115 watts each ) at no load idle and up to a kilowatt each at full power with toroids of a combined rating of 1300va in FTT configuration. 

I contacted Aleksandar at ATL HiFi last night and he has confirmed that the maximum current handling is 10 amps so the DC unit can handle a power consumption of 2300 - 2400 VA so there should be no problem.

Depending on how it performs I may buy another for all my source equipment as the dual mono pre amp with 2 toroids can hum very slightly sometimes at certain times of the day.

Anyway thank you for your opinion it is much appreciated. :)

Edited by Electro
spelling

Since my opening post I have taken advantage of the trade in scheme to upgrade my Cube 3s to Cube 1s. The cube is 12 inches and the bass/mid range driver is 8 inches, compared to the Cube 3s 8 inch dimensions with a 5 inch bass/mid range driver.  I am delighted with the increased bass extension and authority which is apparent on nearly all recordings and very pronounced on the best.  Of paramount importance they work close to the wall in the same position as the Cube 3s were situated.  The speakers work with the room and the more extended bass is well defined with no overhang.    The picture is not that good.

Optimized-DSCN6167.JPG

• Like 1

I have a pair of the Cubettes (almost the same size as the Cube 3's)  that I think are fantastic value and perform way better than the price of £250 would suggest.

Ultimately the Cube 1's are where I would like to end up but the Cubettes are superb in their own right.

• Upvote 1

I can now concur with the comments about the Cubettes having bought a pair for my second system, which gets quite a lot of use, along with the A20, P20 and SSC interconnector.

The second system is no longer put to shame by the first and is great value for money.

My Cubettes were traded up for the Cube 3's and I have now moved up to the larger Cube 2's. In each instance the improvement was audible, not huge but enough to warrant the outlay. I really enjoy the Cubes and my ultimate aim was to move up to Cube 1's one day. Sadly following the death of Richard Dunn in May, NVA as a company has now officially ceased trading so Cube 2's are what I will be sticking with for the foreseeable.