Blacksabbath25

What films have you watched this week

Last night the excellent Page Eight with Bill Nighy and Michael Gambon.

Goodfellas - Remastered on Amazon

I thought I'd seen it but clearly hadn't and as I was struck down Tuesday with proper flu, it was all I could do yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyed the performances, especially of Joe Pesci. Top movie!

4 minutes ago, parcelmonkey said:

Goodfellas - Remastered on Amazon

Sounds good! Not seen it in a while. Great movie 

4 minutes ago, insider9 said:

Sounds good! Not seen it in a while. Great movie 

I couldn't tell you what was remastered? Although the blood looked nice and red!

:fek:

• Haha 1

Tonight began with the wonderful Dr Strangelove.  

Followed by Helen Mirren, Tom Wilkinson, Ciaran Hinds and Jessica Chastain in The Debt.  A remake of a great Israeli film Ha Hov.

It concerns a Mossad trio of agents who capture a Nazi war criminal in 1960s Berlin, in the Russian Sector, but attempts to take him to Israel to face trial go awry. Cut to the 1990s and the past comes back to haunt them.  Great story.  The Isaeli film I feel is the better one, but both are good. I have both on dvd.

A lovely bit of paranoia.

parraHeader.jpg?fit=400,600&ssl=1

(perfect for the current climate !)

Tonight The Limehouse Golem, another film with Bill Nighy.

Then, in need of a belly-laugh, the very funny Spy.

Last night was The Big Lebowski.  

The followed the musical offering Peter Grimes filmed on Aldborough beach. Alan Oke in the title role. On blu-ray.

The previous night was Mel Brooks' Silent Movie. Then the 1950 version of Treasure Island with Robert Newton as Long John Silver, aaargh.

Edited by bohemian

After watching my wife's choice of The Hurt Locker, an excellent film if you missed it, we started to watch the 1927 Abel Gance silent film Napoleon.  It's a 5 1/2 hour epic of Napoleon's life in 3 acts on 3 dvds.  Tonight we watched Act 1.

It is a BFI reconstruction of the film, restored and provided with a new score by Carl Davis.

This evening we watched Shutter Island with di Caprio, Kingsley and Ruffalo. Understood more this time through.

Nice use of music all the way through, too.

I managed to watch Inception and Wall Street back to back, as I missed both when they were released. I have Inception soundtrack which is very good, and coincidentally was used to demo the Focal Sopranos. I don’t know how I missed it first time around :doh:. A great film IMHO.

I did the same with Interstellar, heard the soundtrack, bought the CD, then the heavyweight vinyl, then watched it twice. I still don’t understand the ending. Maybe I’ll get it after a few more sessions :roll:.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jkbmusic said:

I still don’t understand the ending.

I've watched it twice and just let it wash over me , if I try to work it out my brain hurts . Love the bit when they go down to one of the planets for a few hours and when they get back their shipmate has been waiting 23 years :/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

well i have been busy watching this lot which i have liked because there is a good  connection between theses films 

MV5BMjM3NzQ5NDcxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzM4MTQ5NTM@._V1_.jpg

01-396683.jpg

268x0w.jpg

Edited by Blacksabbath25