Blacksabbath25

What films have you watched this week

Not a film as such but I've been binge watching The Sopranos on Now TV, series 4 to 6, only got 3 episodes to go. Phew!

I watched series 1- 3 last year on Now TV but then they took it off, and once GOT had finished I cancelled NOW. On the return of GOT this year I got NOW back and saw that The Sopranos was back on so I've been feasting on that for the last couple of wks. Compelling stuff though none of the characters are what you would call exactly loveable!

I never watched it when it originally came out but I'm glad I've made the effort now.

4 hours ago, parcelmonkey said:

Wasn't it just, but the ending was a little bit meh! Don't you agree?

Otherwise a real tour de force of how to make a film gripping without big budgets...

Yes certainly thought it was going to end differently.

Source Code (again) with Jake Gyllenhall.  Can't get my head around the ending, but enjoyed the movie.

last night: the very funny Burn After Reading.  Great cast (love Brad Pitt in this).  Coen brothers excel again.

Bohemian Rhapsody 

Rami Malek's award winning portrayal of Freddy Mercury very much deserved.  

Bohemian Rhapsody review

Went to see Sometimes Always Never with Bill Nighy doing a reasonable (south) Liverpool accent , Jenny Agutter wearing well and Sam Riley, who played Ian Curtis in Control. I really enjoyed it , best film I've seen for a while.

13 hours ago, lower bullens said:

Bill Nighy doing a reasonable (south) Liverpool accent

Yeah not bad , a la Paul McCartney .

MV5BOTIzYmUyMmEtMWQzNC00YzExLTk3MzYtZTUz

Personally not a fan of the Fast & Furious movies but an adrenaline fueled, testosterone pumped fun night out. Great chemistry between the lead actors, action all the way through and some great comedic moments. Silly but great fun. :^

A great night out at our local Cineworld...

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

i've become hooked on breaking dead, late to the party. I watched also this week spiderman, the movie before the last one. Spiderman in the film was a tad annoying but over all the movie was not to bad.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, philb36 said:

How can you not like f&f movies but watch that hahahahaha

Easy, by keeping an open mind plus they no longer have that smug tosser Walker in them! 😏

And as it was Meerkat movies I was necessary to make up the numbers. I like Jason Statham (so does my wife, not sure for his acting talents so she must have her reasons 🤔) as his movies are normally great action packed fun and this was too. YMMV

Edited by parcelmonkey
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

image.thumb.png.ccc54e98c227f70bd25cf0916f84eeab.png

Brilliant , reminded me of me ! , but in Liverpool in the mid 70's not Luton in the mid 80's

Edited by lower bullens
  • Like 1

MV5BOTg4ZTNkZmUtMzNlZi00YmFjLTk1MmUtNWQw

Just returned from the cinema. I liked it but it doesn't really go anywhere although you sort of know where it's heading...

Not as clear cut story wise as Pulp Fiction, not as entertaining as Inglorious Basterds but a great film nonetheless. I reckon more comes from it with additional viewings. A great climatic ending and for three hours almost, no boredom at all; great film-making and awesome acting from all...

Recommended viewing.

• Like 1