Blacksabbath25

What films have you watched this week

Super Wammer

I have not seen it , but Frank, is a wonderful guy, to sit and chat with at kegworth, so much knowledge, and experience, I hope he is there this year.

I have now watched Williams, and very good it was too, a moving, and somewhat sad story.

Edited by greybeard
  • Like 1

Mississippi Burning 9/10 , never seen it before it's on Netflix .

I recommend "The Etruscan Smile".  Stars Brian Cox as a Scottish widower living on a remote Hebridean island, who goes to visit his son and wife in California for medical reasons.  Cox is always good to watch and this is a heartwarming story.

ON NO ACCOUNT watch the trailer for this movie. If you do, the whole point of the film is given away and you may as well give the film a miss!

Posted (edited)

Made in Dagenham. 

Quite a good film.

8/10

Edited by plasticpenguin
  • Like 1

Peterloo.

Mike Leigh's epic about the 1819 massacre in Manchester when a peaceful rally of working class men, women and their children were brutally attacked by the military.

Somewhat long, and a bit wordy, it is historically accurate and explains a great deal about this terrible piece of English history.

On 11/03/2019 at 00:35, bohemian said:

Peterloo.

Mike Leigh's epic about the 1819 massacre in Manchester when a peaceful rally of working class men, women and their children were brutally attacked by the military.

Somewhat long, and a bit wordy, it is historically accurate and explains a great deal about this terrible piece of English history.

I thought it was very good and as you say explained the events very well. Last two visits to the cinema were Ray & Liz and Fisherman's Friends, very different films and I enjoyed them both.

Netflix , excellent

Image result for the highwaymen movie

• Upvote 1

watched the verdict with paul newman recently which was superb 

• Like 1

Easy to watch 

SwimmingWithMen_QUAD_MR.jpg

It's on Netflix

Related image

Three billboards

I had this on loan and to be honest it was a couple of weeks before I got round to watching as I didn't think it would be my kind of thing.

However the hour and fifty five minuets of twists and turns flew past and I really quiet enjoyed this dark comic drama, good casting good acting and directing. 

https://www.avforums.com/review/three-billboards-outside-ebbing-missouri-film-movie-cinema-review.14485

3-billboards.jpg

8 hours ago, JamieMcC said:

Three billboards

I had this on loan and to be honest it was a couple of weeks before I got round to watching as I didn't think it would be my kind of thing.

However the hour and fifty five minuets of twists and turns flew past and I really quiet enjoyed this dark comic drama, good casting good acting and directing. 

https://www.avforums.com/review/three-billboards-outside-ebbing-missouri-film-movie-cinema-review.14485

3-billboards.jpg

Wasn't it just, but the ending was a little bit meh! Don't you agree?

Otherwise a real tour de force of how to make a film gripping without big budgets...

On 06/05/2019 at 14:20, Bailey Humphreys said:

Avengers the Endgame. I am excited. Worthy culmination of the last 10 years. What do you think?

I'd rather pull my eyes out and donate them for medical research than watch that type of drivvle...

:rofl:

Each to their own. You did ask didn't you! :zip:

On 03/04/2019 at 17:58, hifinutt said:

watched the verdict with paul newman recently which was superb 

I agree wholeheartedly. Everyone likes a good courtroom drama don't they, and this is one of the best. Paul Newman as the "ambulance chasing" lawyer is superb. Plus any film that features the great James Mason is a winner in my book.