Blacksabbath25

What films have you watched this week

Just watched rampage I thought it was a good film I like the rock 

8C80BBBA-5420-4702-8AAA-E6D36E1C5FCD.jpeg

last night i watched the remake of death wish i thought it wasn't  as good as the original film 

Death-Wish-2017-movie-poster.jpg

I watched a film called loving Pablo with Javier Bardem, about Pablo Escobar. Came out last year.

Very good if you know the story and history of this guy. 

9E0F7042-2A4F-4A7A-8CBC-B30AE39516F7.jpeg

Edited by QuestForThe13thNote

Broken Flowers. A Jim Jarmusch film with Bill Murray.  Good performance by Murray - not a comedy in my opinion, although it has humorous moments.

A confirmed batchelor with a string of failed relationships gets an anonymous letter saying he has a 19year old son who has gone on a road trip looking for his father. Murray visits girlfriends from 20 years before to try to work out which one is the mother.

61xpVDggI5L._SY606_.jpg

I watched this last night not bad but I wouldn’t buy it it’s a rent film only 

4C61B2F6-CF23-40F3-8696-408D03B9F45F.jpeg

Late night showing of this @ The Vue yesterday. Two and a half hours of exceptionally entertaining movie making...

MV5BMTk3NDY5MTU0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDI3

1 hour ago, parcelmonkey said:

Late night showing of this @ The Vue yesterday. Two and a half hours of exceptionally entertaining movie making...

Any good i have the rest of the films in my collection and there is talk he will doing top gun 2 

2 hours ago, parcelmonkey said:

I was our local Vue last night watching this as well. Really liked it. B|

1 hour ago, Blacksabbath25 said:

Any good i have the rest of the films in my collection and there is talk he will doing top gun 2 

Impressive film, plenty of action, exciting set pieces and lovely cinematography. Quite a few Holy Crap! moments, the action & stunts are well worth watching. I don't think you'd be disappointed. :^

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
On 15/08/2018 at 17:17, Von Krolock said:

We were taken to see this on a school trip to the cinema as 10 year old nippers - more as education than entertainment....
Have an old VHS which still gets played.
Great film.

Years ago, we went on a cruise. One of the places we visited was The Crimea. Whilst there we went on an excursion and among other places, we visited a hillside that overlooked the ‘Valley Of Death’. Not much to look at, but kinda sent a shiver up my spine.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2018 at 19:50, Old Git said:

Years ago, we went on a cruise. One of the places we visited was The Crimea. Whilst there we went on an excursion and among other places, we visited a hillside that overlooked the ‘Valley Of Death’. Not much to look at, but kinda sent a shiver up my spine.

At 10 years old we were a bit too young to be taken to see this but it certainly rammed home the intended message. 
The charge sequence in particular is superbly done but the film really laces into the arrogance & complacency of the powerful.
The notes on the video box called the film a 'savage lampoon' - which it is.
Trevor Howard's performance was particularly good,  he played the self-promoting bully superbly - a really nasty  c*nt.

Edited by Von Krolock

Last night I started to watch The Hitman's Bodyguard", I should have known better. That was 20 minutes of my life I won't get back. Then I tried the "Ship that Rocked" thinking it was the story of Radio Caroline. More dross of a similar nature. All in all not a good night for film watching so I switched back to my book which was a marginal improvement.