QuestForThe13thNote

Bryston Owners Club

I tried out a Bryston BP17 cubed pre amp, their new pre that came out last year, and was hugely impressed. Have cyrus signature kit which I’m slowly replacing as im moving to a more neutral refined sound. The Bryston does this beautifully with my innuos zenith. I know two people who have moved from cyrus signature to Bryston.

I wonder what others think of the brand, your experIences and what competes with Bryston which is cheaper and better value.

Did hear a Bryston years ago, and it was connected to Wilson Benesch Arc speakers. Sounded really ace. That said, unbeknown to me, switched amps to Roksan Caspian pre and power, and that sounded more agreeable to my ears. The Roksan/WB was probably my favourite sub-10k system.

Now my fav sub-10k is my bundles (obv).

Super Wammer

That's a very good price for a DC blocker, other ones I've looked at have been 3x the price.

On 25/08/2018 at 07:34, plasticpenguin said:

Did hear a Bryston years ago, and it was connected to Wilson Benesch Arc speakers. Sounded really ace. That said, unbeknown to me, switched amps to Roksan Caspian pre and power, and that sounded more agreeable to my ears. The Roksan/WB was probably my favourite sub-10k system.

Now my fav sub-10k is my bundles (obv).

Do you know if the Gazzip chap is on this forum pp? I know he was a serious Bryston owner. I think he had some serious kit and was really knowledgable. Probably amongst best hifi on whf and possible here too.

5 minutes ago, QuestForThe13thNote said:

Do you know if the Gazzip chap is on this forum pp? I know he was a serious Bryston owner. I think he had some serious kit and was really knowledgable. Probably amongst best hifi on whf and possible here too.

And?

A Bryston owner if you’ll recall, so could contribute here if he so wished.

I recently had the pleasure of demoing the new Bryston Phono stage...BP2 and BPS-3 power supply. Superb piece of kit and able to hang with the big boys. I highly suggest that anyone interested in a great ss phono stage give it a listen. 

Super Wammer

Got a 4BSST to partner my Shahinian Obs in the kitchen and have been impressed 

Replaced a Dynavector Hx 75(100w) version 

Seems bombproof 

Needed the power when low volume listening was required 

20 year transferable warranty too

I’m interested in getting the 7b3 monoblocks. Is anyone interested in selling? Edit - got some. 

Edited by Viz

My Bryston 7B3 amplifiers arrived today; I can only compare them to my Talk Electronics Tornados, which I think are a hard act to follow - albeit the Brystons are in a different category of hifi entirely. They are definitely a huge step up in terms of grip and authority, and also in finesse. The separation is incredible - I’m listening to Killers by Iron Maiden and you can actually hear there are 5 musicians making music, rather than just an onslaught of rock. They really are something. 

The Talk Electronics Tornados are now on ebay; they will make someone very happy!

I also have moved from Cyrus Signature to a Bryston BP17/3 & 4B3. Best change I’ve ever done.