insider9

New album releases

Super Wammer

Remember this album?

52672E98-FD10-49A4-951E-088D05FADDAF.jpeg.6545887496ac525099509306d9184dce.jpeg

Thier new album release date 26th April 

6E358B67-7740-498B-9DFD-8B96CC2B28E8.thumb.png.fa566592163e946bc94776d68ab287d5.png

Bear’s den - So that you might here me

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Bignose5 said:

I have loads of TD albums on vinyl CD and some DVDs but as you say at £25 this is over the top.

I guess if you were there it might appeal but it doesn't for me.

Ive seen them live and to be honest they were never that brilliant to watch.

I will check tomorrow to see if I have a bootleg of that show.

Yes I have seen them "live" as well. Looking at the back of the heads of someone looking at giant computer screens pressing a few keys is not what I call a concert

Developed by NEOTECH and RTI, MoFi SuperVinyl is the most exacting-to-specification vinyl compound ever created. Analog lovers have never seen (or heard) anything like it. Extraordinarily expensive and extremely painstaking to produce, the special proprietary compound addresses two specific areas of improvement: noise floor reduction and enhanced groove definition. The vinyl composition features a new carbonless dye (hold the disc up to the light and see) and produces the world’s quietest surfaces. This high-definition formula also allows for the creation of cleaner grooves that are indistinguishable from the original lacquer. MoFi SuperVinyl provides the closest approximation of what the label’s engineers hear in the mastering lab.

I’ll get right to the point: Abraxas fans, do not miss Mobile Fidelity’s astonishing new reissue of Santana’s 1970 Latin-spiced, blues-rock masterpiece. It will blow your mind. Never before have I heard such inner detail, texture, and wide dynamics, the music emerging from such a deeply quiet background, with such intense immediacy—or derived such sheer musical pleasure from this title. Sonically, as I said, prepare to be astonished  Like I said, don’t miss it. TAS - Wayne Garcia 

Mofi Bii EvansThe transparency and detail resolution here are absolutely spectacular. Astonishing, really, especially in terms of natural instrumental attack. This is after all a rhythmic power trio. No other version I've heard comes close to expressing the speed and precision of La Faro's playing—the clarity and finesse with which he attacks the strings. The same is true of how the mastering and one-step plating capture Evans'and Motian's playing.Assuming your system can do it, anyone who has been to the small basement venue that is The Village Vanguard will feel as if they are traveling through time and seeing into the space. I doubt Mobile Fidelity made a "killing" here, though they've produced a killer reissue!  Michael Fremer Sound 11/10 

Mofis What`s Going On Revealed extreme resolution and realism, tiny details and layers, huge dimensionality and lifelike presence. The background was ultra-quiet, allowing the silky-smooth grooves to convey far more musical information than I could have imagined. Wow, was it stunning. Like hearing the LP for the first time. Ah, the magic of vinyl lives on.- The Absolute Sound

pure analog" (from digital) and whatever Krieg Wunderlich used as a source, and however he's manipulated the equalization, this should be the best sounding The Nightfly you've ever heard Michael Fremer Analogplanet.

The improvement achieved on Mofi Bridge Over Troubled Water is singular. Even if you think that the greatest thing happening in high-end audio these days is to be able to load a million songs on your computer in high-res digital so you have access to virtually anything at the press of a button, you owe it to yourself to discover just how good old-fashioned vinyl has gotten over the last decade. Quality trumps quantity, and this is as good as it gets. It is going to be very hard to beat. TheAudioBeat

Edited by triumph

Super Wammer

Not new music, but an interesting 25th Anniversary reissue nonetheless...

71MZR8aD1gL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hell-Freezes-Anniversary-Reissue-VINYL/dp/B07MCXWP1M

Today's release... Bob Mould - Sunshine Rock.

Not bad at all... Recording could be better but music engages. Coming from a guy with chest infection 😔

kdk50hq.png

Due out end of March is this "lost" 1972 album from Marvin Gaye originally slated as the follow-up to the classic What's Going On. Get your pre-orders in early this won't hang around long.

marvingaye-youretheman.jpg

• Like 1

Where did you order it Ian?

Sounds Of The Universe have it on pre-order. That's where I'm getting mine.

• Like 1

Live 1972 performance on 4LP set! This collection contains gospel tunes performed by Aretha Franklin at Los Angeles' New Temple Baptist Missionary Church on January 13 & 14, 1972.

download (48).jpg

Van Der Graaf Generator

The Aerosol Grey Machine 50th Anniversary Edition

• A RE-MASTERED SPECIAL 50th ANNIVERSARY DELUXE 2CD, 1 x LP AND 1 X 7-INCH SINGLE LIMITED EDITION BOXED SET OF THE CLASSIC 1969 DEBUT ALBUM BY VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR… FEATURING:
  • A CD OF RARE & PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED TRACKS INCLUDING TWO PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED DEMOS FROM 1967, THE BBC TOP GEAR SESSION FROM 1968 (INCLUDING THE “LOST” PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED VERSION OF “OCTOPUS”) & THE SINGLE TRACKS ‘PEOPLE YOU WERE GOING TO’ & ‘FIREBRAND’
  • A FACSIMILE 180 GRAM VINYL LP OF “THE AEROSOL GREY MACHINE” HOUSED IN THE WITHDRAWN UK GATEFOLD SLEEVE DESIGN (CUT AT ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS)
  • A 7-INCH SINGLE OF THE VERY RARE WITHDRAWN RELEASE “PEOPLE YOU WERE GOING TO” b/w ‘FIREBRAND”
  • A BOOK WITH MANY PREVIOUSLY UNSEEN PHOTOS AND CUTTINGS AND AN ESSAY BY SID SMITH FEATURING AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH PETER HAMMILL
  • A 1968 POSTER DESIGNED BY PETER HAMMILL
Edited by Nestor Turton
  • Upvote 1