insider9

New album releases

Not sure if it's jazz, soul, or what. What it is, is a bloody good album, and fine follow up to soul eyes.  Some fine musicians in action, working with, one of the most interesting "new" voices of the  last couple of years.

61gjytZDinL._SS500.jpg

Edited by dudywoxer
  • Like 1

Masego has dropped his album. 

Called Lady Lady 

I’ve had a fast listen, need to listen properly. Couple of poo tunes, but seems not a bad album. 

This guy creates most of his music from scratch using a loopstation and different instruments. He’s an absolute beast on the saxophone. 

Seem him live and he was amazing. 

Worth checking out  Tadow song on YouTube he did with FKJ. Two guys in the studio and an amazing piece of music, plus double-sax. Enjoy!!

Two new releases for your consideration. Both released this Friday. First one from rather unexpected source... Prince. Some of his previously unreleased material. And not like you'd imagine. Just Prince at his home recording studio playing the piano and singing. Recorded in one session in 1983. I've had it on the loop yesterday. It's really an amazing half hour of music and worth listening to whether you like him, or not. 

Piano-And-A-Microphone-1983-1537536442-6

Next up a follow up to 2014 "Chaleur Humaine" from no other than Christine and the Queens. I know many Wammers enjoyed her debut and so have I. I have high expectations and they've been reinforced by many positive reviews. I'm yet to listen to it myself bar a couple of tracks. The album is called "Chris" and is out now. Enjoy!

christine-and-the-queens-new-album-chris

Edited by insider9
both releases from Friday

Maribou State have released new album this month called Kingdoms  In Colour. 

Very relaxed ambient electronic style music. Listening now. 

Very enjoyable and worth a listen. 

@insider9 As you enjoyed Tom Misch, I think you’ll like this one too. 

Edited by Amormusic

Super Wammer

Gunship - Dark All Day

October 5th

On 28/09/2018 at 10:35, Amormusic said:

Maribou State have released new album this month called Kingdoms  In Colour. 

Tried it today. Not bad at all. Thanks! 

On 28/09/2018 at 19:08, Beyond you said:

Gunship - Dark All Day

Out today. I only listened to it in the car. Not sure what I expected, but it's not my usual kind of thing. Jury is still out. 

Big news for Esperanza Spalding fans. I'm sure you got the email ;)

She has been releasing new songs since Sunday. One track a day for 12 days. Available free to listen through her website and social media. I'm a big fan so a big treat for me. So far two videos have landed. Next one will be available at 12:12 today and daily at the same time. 

12 tracks will form a new album which will be available for digital release on 19th October. That's a day after Esperanza's birthday (I'm sure you knew this date anyway). Physical copies of the album to come out in 2019.

http://www.esperanzaspalding.com/#home-12littlespells

To anyone that likes London Grammar...

Arctic Lake have just dropped their EP yesterday, called What You May Find. 

Someone from WHF (can’t remember who) recommended I listen to Freya Ridings - they played back up on her tour. 

Very relaxing, ambient, and god she has a good voice!!!!

They recently played a tiny pub in Bristol and I was busy and missed it, kicking myself as they’ve now been picked up by BBC Introducing. 

Enjoy!

• Like 2

On 11 August 2018 at 10:56, Beyond you said:

6798BA25-3618-4361-96B1-C2C1FDEB73E5.thumb.jpeg.b44c6f4d8eefcfa14d5ca5455e90391a.jpeg

21st September 

Joe is on BBC Jools live Later tomorrow night Tuesday and again on the recorded longer show on Friday.

• Upvote 1