Sliced Bread: WFH Refugee

Hello - Any other WHF refugees out there?

On 22/08/2019 at 15:31, Distorted Vision said:

I'm one of the late refugees from the What Hi-Fi forum. Greeting to: Chebby, CnoEvil, Blacksabbath25. plasticpenguin, DiamondJoe, BigBoss and Nopiano.

I hope some of you remember me as I certainly remember you all.

Howdie, Mr. Vision. Nice see another familiar avatar from the old place.

Used to love WHF mag, I had stacks of them. I did archive some but ditched the bulk. But I often miss being able to reference almost any review of used equipment. I used to find them really helpful, loved that mag one time. I often still wish I had the library I once had to just have the odd look through now and then :(

Edited by eddie-baby

On 22/08/2019 at 19:26, CnoEvil said:

I hope you stick around for a while.

Thanks! Will dip in and out. Hope you're well. :)

5 minutes ago, bigboss said:

Hello bigboss long time not seen i hope your well !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blacksabbath25 said:

Hello bigboss long time not seen i hope your well !

Hi blacksabbath25! I am doing well. Not been frequent on forums....kind of moved on to other interests (still thinking of buying the Philips OLED in December sales, given that my current TV (which I bought from gel) is over 5 years old (plus another year under gel's ownership). Perhaps it is time to move to 4K finally! How about you?

Edited by bigboss

1 hour ago, bigboss said:

Hi blacksabbath25! I am doing well. Not been frequent on forums....kind of moved on to other interests (still thinking of buying the Philips OLED in December sales, given that my current TV (which I bought from gel) is over 5 years old (plus another year under gel's ownership). Perhaps it is time to move to 4K finally! How about you?

I bought a Sony 49'' 4k TV which i am pretty pleased with but brought it ex display from Pc world and think 4k is ok but some films can come across a bit dark but when you compare this with Blu-ray i still feel there not much in it and the picture is not so dark i am finding with Blu-rays .

And i probably calibrated my Tv with the Spears & Munsil Blu-ray so keep thinking something not right as 4k pictures should not be darker like that .

Not seen Gel for ages and i haven't been on much myself but hope Gel is well and looking after himself ?

7 minutes ago, Blacksabbath25 said:

I bought a Sony 49'' 4k TV which i am pretty pleased with but brought it ex display from Pc world and think 4k is ok but some films can come across a bit dark but when you compare this with Blu-ray i still feel there not much in it and the picture is not so dark i am finding with Blu-rays .

And i probably calibrated my Tv with the Spears & Munsil Blu-ray so keep thinking something not right as 4k pictures should not be darker like that .

Not seen Gel for ages and i haven't been on much myself but hope Gel is well and looking after himself ?

You need this: Spears & Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark (UHD Blu-ray Disc) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Q2KBDKV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_XzaBDbBT26SK6

Briefly chatted with gel on PM on another forum. He's doing well, he bought an LG OLED recently then changed to Philips OLED.

3 minutes ago, bigboss said:

You need this: Spears & Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark (UHD Blu-ray Disc) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Q2KBDKV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_XzaBDbBT26SK6

Briefly chatted with gel on PM on another forum. He's doing well, he bought an LG OLED recently then changed to Philips OLED.

Lol that sounds like Old Gel to me 

ok will have to check that one out as I brought second edition version which I think is fine for Blu-Ray but not so useful for UHD I will have to check my copy .

16 minutes ago, bigboss said:

Ok just brought that thanks big boss didn’t realise they brought a new one out ....

Super Wammer
16 hours ago, bigboss said:

Welcome, jump in decent lot here do fill out your profile and try to get to some bake offs or even the Wam show!

• Like 1