Sliced Bread: WFH Refugee

Hello - Any other WHF refugees out there?

Gel was last seen on Little Audio forum on 1st October. He almost decided to get the Samsung 8K TV with an 8K blu ray player but listened to good advice given....at least for now!!

3 minutes ago, bigboss said:

Gel was last seen on Little Audio forum on 1st October. He almost decided to get the Samsung 8K TV with an 8K blu ray player but listened to good advice given....at least for now!!

I doubt he will notice any difference when they only film a film in 2k and then upscale it to 4K  a specially a CGI film as it cost to much to film it into 4K because you need a lot of computer power and that costs money .

And I read that the human eye can only see upto a certain resolution anyway so I personally think 8k would be a wast 

Any sign of ‘infiniteloop’?  I think he had a PMC-based system, and some Sonus fabers.  Also a Devialet, plus a Union Reseach valve amp, iirc. 

6 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

Any sign of ‘infiniteloop’?  I think he had a PMC-based system, and some Sonus fabers.  Also a Devialet, plus a Union Reseach valve amp, iirc. 

He had Focals...but otherwise correct. He was looking at Kef Refs and possibly Harbeth 40.2s, for his new place. I hope he appears here at some point.

Just now, CnoEvil said:

He had Focals...but otherwise correct. He was looking at Kef Refs and possibly Harbeth 40.2s, for his new place. I hope he appears here at some point.

Ah, that’s it, thanks!  Who was the guy with the amazing architect designed place with studio PMCs? 

2 minutes ago, CnoEvil said:

Gazzip?

Probably!  He is here, but no profile so not 100% sure. You’ve got a great memory though, so I’m sure you’re right.

2 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

Probably!  He is here, but no profile so not 100% sure. You’ve got a great memory though, so I’m sure you’re right.

I haven't really (In fact it's totally shyte) - accept for certain people and their systems. I can remember what I did 2 minutes ago...and 30 years ago - everything else is a blank! :wall:

• Haha 2