Sign in to follow this  
Idlewithnodrive

Nirvana Electronic Works (N.E.W.)

Hi everyone.

Thought I would add a new manufacturer to the sub forum, though I don't expect it to be very busy :)

I own an N.E.W. A60, 60W/Ch Class A Power Amp.

Depending upon what you read / who you believe, Nelson Pass had a hand in establishing the company / designing the products, or not.

They were a US based company and the Amps do seem to be well regarded (it does sound rather splendid), although there is VERY little about them out there.

Anybody able to fill in any of the many blanks ?

Thanks.

Mike

Wow, more of an exclusive club than even I imagined.

Just to give people an idea of what I am going on about, as there seems little knowledge or input elsewhere -

IMG_20180901_174800.jpg

Edited by Idlewithnodrive

I bet nobody's got a rarer owners club. At least it's easy to moderate :D

Edited by Idlewithnodrive

Hey Idle I have an N.E.W. A-60 as well. This forum came up when I googled N.E.W. looking to buy the preamp P3 that go's with this. Your right, rare is an understatement with this brand; very little on the net about this stuff but very very solidly built and wonderful sounding. Prior to buying mine it was converted to dual mono. If you get a chance I'd like to see a pic of the inside of yours to compare it to mine. Are you the original owner of yours?

Nice to meet s fellow N.E.W. owner Cuchulain.

No, I'm not the original owner, I bought it blind, from a chap whose ears I trust over on AA forum and I'm very pleased that I did.

I'll get some top off pics up in the next few days; I'd be interested to see some of yours, too.

• Like 1

Hi All,

I have an A60 Amp and a P3 Signature Pre Amp I'm considering selling in the near future. I literally haven't used either in 4 plus years. I used the Pre with my Classe CA-200 and loved it. I never used the Amp much due to the Classe. I bought the Pre new from NEW and the amp used. 

Cheers! Eric in Georgia

There is a N.E.W. A20.1 and P-3 pre now on US Audio Mart.  The P-3 is a great pre amp and you rarely see them for sale.