I use SIBA fuses.

Meh. Cooper Bussmann sound better...

;)

1 minute ago, Beobloke said:

Meh. Cooper Bussmann sound better...

;)

Buggers don't fit. 

Dealer

You really do not understand the hi-fi design process tuga, you are stuck in some old objective marketing nonsense. It not rockets science, with basic knowledge it is very easy to get something to work and be reliable and safe, the difficult part is to get it to play good music. Electronics - every component I use has an application note associated with it, the work has been done for you in technical terms, you mix and match according to your taste and your ears, in specs they are much of a muchness (unless valves) and as such no longer important. As the people who deny amp differences say, like the Harbeth guy, they all spec about the same so they sound the same. First part is correct.

Sorry you are stuck up a cul-de-sec of test equipment specs and equations, in the end all they can give is a base to work on. Of course I use them but the point happens where they do not help me anymore. I use the same basic circuit I used 40 years ago, and it specs the same, so why does it now make better music. You have your truths, I have mine, but the same as I (due to experience) do not accept your truths, you will obviously not accept mine.

So we have established now in at least four threads we will never see eye to eye. When you go all objective over a thread I do not now butt in all subjective and try to correct you (I found that out very quickly) so why do the same in return, what are you trying to prove. I have done it all and worn all the t/shirts.

Edited by Richard Dunn
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Richard Dunn said:

You really do not understand the hi-fi design process tuga, you are stuck in some old objective marketing nonsense. It not rockets science, with basic knowledge it is very easy to get something to work and be reliable and safe, the difficult part is to get it to play good music. Electronics - every component I use has an application note associated with it, the work has been done for you in technical terms, you mix and match according to your taste and your ears, in specs they are much of a muchness (unless valves) and as such no longer important. As the people who deny amp differences say, like the Harbeth guy, they all spec about the same so they sound the same. First part is correct.

Sorry you are stuck up a cul-de-sec of test equipment specs and equations, in the end all they can give is a base to work on. Of course I use them but the point happens where they do not help me anymore. I use the same basic circuit I used 40 years ago, and it specs the same, so why does it now make better music. You have your truths, I have mine, but the same as I (due to experience) do not accept your truths, you will obviously not accept mine.

So we have established now in at least four threads we will never see eye to eye. When you go all objective over a thread I do not now butt in all subjective and try to correct you (I found that out very quickly) so why do the same in return, what are you trying to prove. I have done it all and worn all the t/shirts.

I don't know where you got the impression that I don't listen, or judge through listen. Perhaps you are really not reading my posts...

I will do as requested and refrain, within reason, from opposing your views with my own because I am wrong. :cafe: