Bazzer

2018/19 Football Season

Recommended Posts

Super Wammer

What a game at the Emirates today. That was a proper old fashioned derby, it had everything, and even some great football :)

Unai has worked miracles in only a few months, the work rate and passion, are light years away from the Wenger era. Unai in :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
4 hours ago, greybeard said:

What a game at the Emirates today. That was a proper old fashioned derby, it had everything, and even some great football :)

Unai has worked miracles in only a few months, the work rate and passion, are light years away from the Wenger era. Unai in :D

Yes it was a cracker .

Disappointing ending to my team's derby although I've become immune to it , Liverpool's keeper (Ranieri) actually did the same thing at Goodison some years back , busting a gut to keep the ball in play only for Everton's Andy Johnson to nod in .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

I have to say that was the best Everton performance i have seen at Anfield for quite a long time. Everton not only competed and held their own but in certain areas they were better than Liverpool . The ending was bizzare and harsh as a draw looked a fair result . Liverpool are nothing like as good as they were last season but they still keep on getting results .

For the first time in the Media a pundit has finally acknowledged this and said like they have for Man U and others it is often the side of a team that is a winning side when they grind out a result .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
8 hours ago, bencat said:

Liverpool are nothing like as good as they were last season

Hasn't Klopp reigned them in a bit Andrew so they will be stronger in the second half of the season ?

Man City are still on another planet though , Guadiola's passion is equal to Klopp's although he channels it slightly different. I love the way he insists on full on attack until the final whistle no matter how many in front , on Saturday 3-1 up the ball was played back in the 88th minute and he went berserk .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
19 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

Hasn't Klopp reigned them in a bit Andrew so they will be stronger in the second half of the season ?

Man City are still on another planet though , Guadiola's passion is equal to Klopp's although he channels it slightly different. I love the way he insists on full on attack until the final whistle no matter how many in front , on Saturday 3-1 up the ball was played back in the 88th minute and he went berserk .

You may be right but in truth playing at high level is not something you can turn on and off like a tap . We have added a bit more solidity to our defence but at this moment this has been at the cost of the midfield which is now aggressive and consistent but has lost the ability to see a forward pass and make it quickly . Our speed going from defence to attack is nothing like as good or as quick as last season so now teams are being given a chance to catch up with the play and prevent a goal . If we can get a little more craft and speed of thought in the midfield then we may see the other side of Liverpool a little more .

I would say that there are one or two in the Everton midfield that would be ideal but these days moving across the park is just not allowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really fear for Chelsea tomorrow. Think Man City might give them a good spanking, and that hurts coming from a lifelong Chelsea fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our local team has come up from bankruptcy (and a string of corrupt owners) to league one. They are currently at the top of league  one and could yet be promoted to the Championship next year. (I think that’s what it’s called, I am not a soccer expert.)

That’s when the wheels will fall off and the international gun/drug runners, tax evaders and fraudsters will queue up to launder their money through it and asset strip it again like the last time it was a Premiership team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
On 07/12/2018 at 09:32, plasticpenguin said:

I really fear for Chelsea tomorrow. Think Man City might give them a good spanking, and that hurts coming from a lifelong Chelsea fan.

Well you could not have been more wrong about that . Chelsea were very worthy winners of an excellent game . Now only Liverpool still survive in the top divisions with an unbeaten record . I am sure that this will we be lost soon as well as the pressure builds up . Please just do not let it be to Man Utd , anyone but them .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bencat said:

Well you could not have been more wrong about that . Chelsea were very worthy winners of an excellent game . Now only Liverpool still survive in the top divisions with an unbeaten record . I am sure that this will we be lost soon as well as the pressure builds up . Please just do not let it be to Man Utd , anyone but them .

I was very wrong, but right in the initial fear for Chelsea.

The blues did themselves credit, and proves, if nothing else, that the great Man City team can be beaten. Any team if you 'really 'get at them'' can be taken. So I'm delighted, surprised and relieved..

I've supported Chelsea since we had a our first TV in about 1970, and this was the most dreaded match given our last couple of matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.