Super Wammer

will it happen?

dates booked? (purely selfish as I am at risk of a diary conflict)

Dealer

Can I come this time. I did the second Scalford back in the days when Chestergroup were still trying to make money from it. I turned out to be the only trade to book it so I got that massive high ceiling hall (I would call it) that needed a PA. I struggled to get the music I wanted as semi omni speakers just don't work properly with 15ft or higher ceilings, they need domestic size rooms. But hey-ho you use what you are given, enjoyed it, much better than commercial shows.

The Kegworth venue is all similar sized fairly modern hotel rooms, so none of the quirky Scalford architecture and no huge rooms. It means that the more exotic horn systems etc. that used to show up at Scalford would have a hard time fitting in, but hey ho. For domestic-scale systems it worked very well.

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, Richard Dunn said:

Can I come this time. I did the second Scalford back in the days when Chestergroup were still trying to make money from it. I turned out to be the only trade to book it so I got that massive high ceiling hall (I would call it) that needed a PA. I struggled to get the music I wanted as semi omni speakers just don't work properly with 15ft or higher ceilings, they need domestic size rooms. But hey-ho you use what you are given, enjoyed it, much better than commercial shows.

as Tony says the rooms were bigger but consistent, downside is the larger systems / trade don't have rooms they need

there were many great things, the car parking  / the lift!!! I hope Pete will run it again as the freak snow hammered 2018 attendance 

• Upvote 1

Dealer

I don't want to sell or be trade at the show, I want to be a bloke who makes stuff for himself and wants people to hear it.

Super Wammer
2 minutes ago, Richard Dunn said:

I don't want to sell or be trade at the show, I want to be a bloke who makes stuff for himself and wants people to hear it.

then Kegworth is ideal, it's an airport hotel with bar and decent sized rooms (exhibitors were allocated the larger rooms), sound deadening better and no reports of bouncy floors

usual stuff; be prepared to shift furniture (the hard wired hair dryers were a challenge) and beds, bring / borrow a trolly and as always a couple of extension leads

Super Wammer
5 hours ago, Maverick said:

will it happen?

dates booked? (purely selfish as I am at risk of a diary conflict)

I seem to remember Peter saying he had signed up for 10 years.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
20 minutes ago, greybeard said:

I seem to remember Peter saying he had signed up for 10 years.

hope so, would help me a lot to know the date even this far in advance

Super Wammer
9 minutes ago, Maverick said:

hope so, would help me a lot to know the date even this far in advance

Might be worth giving Kegworth a ring, to confirm.

Admin

No need, Colin is right it will definitely go ahead and 2019 will be the year when everyone is invited, because its all about the music and not forums.
Same weekend of the rugby as per usual.

Spreadsheet and website being worked on.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Richard Dunn said:

Just standard hotel double rooms with a 2.4 standard ceiling. Very good sound insulation apart from the adjoining doors and low reflection. Should be good.

Super Wammer

Do you mean the that you want to put up a music system like any other domestic wammer, which may or may not include NVA components but is there to share the joy of the interest, the music and the crack? Sharing THE crack, not your crack, obviously.

Dealer

I only use NVA equipment apart from sources, and some of those are modified. Why should I include things I don't use. I know some of you share rooms, well for me synergy is all important so I will waive that possibility.

I am talking about me not you lot, you can approach me how you like within reason, as trade, as a human, as a hated pariah, as the designer, as the builder. My point was how I wish to approach it, the Boss will decide if I am trade, I expect to pay my way. But *I* will be approaching it the same as every other member of the forum, I wish you to come to my room to hear my system and my music, an open invite that people can take from that what ever they want. I will sell to no one, if they want to buy then they go to ebay and I build it for them.

Super Wammer
I only use NVA equipment apart from sources, and some of those are modified. Why should I include things I don't use. I know some of you share rooms, well for me synergy is all important so I will waive that possibility.

I am talking about me not you lot, you can approach me how you like within reason, as trade, as a human, as a hated pariah, as the designer, as the builder. My point was how I wish to approach it, the Boss will decide if I am trade, I expect to pay my way. But *I* will be approaching it the same as every other member of the forum, I wish you to come to my room to hear my system and my music, an open invite that people can take from that what ever they want. I will sell to no one, if they want to buy then they go to ebay and I build it for them.

Oh dear. How unnecessarily defensive when not being attacked... when I said include, i did not rule out 100% include. At no point did I suggest you include things you don’t use.

As you say, the boss will decide if you’re trade or not. I guess it comes down to whether your primary motivation is to share a passion for music and systems which produce it well or to promote your brand; it sounds like you wish to approach it as the former, in which case I will definitely come to hear what sounds your room makes. If I’m exhibiting myself then subject to finding a room sitter of course.

13 minutes ago, Richard Dunn said:

Oh, FFS off again. "I am talking about me not you lot"

Can't you just accept the spirit of what a dealer is? 

TBH I was warming to you before this. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1