Spider

Avondale Arcam Alpha 5+ CD Player

Posted (edited)

Arcam Alpha 5+ CD player masterfully modded by Les at Avondale

The mods cost £350 on top of donor player. I believe Les puts in a whole new Non oversampling DAC and chose this player as the base for his mods due to great transport it uses as standard.

It will compete with players that cost very much more money and rarely come up for sale.

I would prefer collection as postal system is not always kind to CD players but will post at the risk of the buyer.

£200 + postage costs if needed

I'm told that Les retains the DAC chip (it’s a 1541), but removes the upsampling and then most of the mods are to improve the power supply.

IMG_5127.jpg
IMG_5129.jpg
IMG_5140.jpg
IMG_5143.jpg
IMG_5144.jpg
IMG_5145.jpg
IMG_5146.jpg
IMG_5147.jpg
IMG_5148.jpg

Edited by Spider

Potentially interested Spider but to complete sale will need to hopefully arrange help with Wam Taxi!

Any one coming south for hols or visits? I'll be in Essex Thursday and could make payment before; obviously. PM on the way. Otherwise I'm in Dover.

1 hour ago, parcelmonkey said:

Potentially interested Spider but to complete sale will need to hopefully arrange help with Wam Taxi!

Any one coming south for hols or visits? I'll be in Essex Thursday and could make payment before; obviously. PM on the way. Otherwise I'm in Dover.

Are you close to Speedracer?

He is picking something up from me for NSM soon, perhaps the AAA5+ could get closer to you with him.

Super Wammer

Speedracer also pops to mine occasionally or NSMs, so either  Chichester or Lancing is a possibility for a pickup location. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Speedracer also pops to mine occasionally or NSMs, so either  Chichester or Lancing is a possibility for a pickup location. 

It would be perfect if I was able to make your bakeoff! Alas I'm away that day and according to the map Speedracer isn't really that close to me.

I'm booked to be in Braintree Essex on Sat 11th August if anyone is close that day possible?

14 minutes ago, Spider said:

Are you close to Speedracer?

He is picking something up from me for NSM soon, perhaps the AAA5+ could get closer to you with him.

Can you give me a ring Wed please and if it's a go, I'll pop up a Wam Taxi thread. Hopefully the spirit still lives on and a solution is found... :^

Edited by parcelmonkey
Added the month

Not received a pm yet so I’ll need your phone number so I can call you.

Im sure a wam taxi can be organised

Not received a pm yet so I’ll need your phone number so I can call you.
Im sure a wam taxi can be organised
PM now sent again as somehow I managed to send the first to myself. Bloody tapatalk...

Sold

Anyone who can help with Wam Taxi from Chesterfield to Kent to help with delivering it to Pacelmonkey please let us know.

All monies paid...

:^

Arrived safely and very happy.

Many thanks...

Ade