eddie-baby

Not exactly ebay, but they are on ebay, Hifi Hanger

Always worth a look, especially for the vintage used gear. Usually quite entertaining videos as well. Looks like good service also and usually very reasonably priced, but I've never used them, nothing I've really wanted, yet. The latest video just posted here.

Edited by eddie-baby
  • Like 5

Have used the Hangar on many occasions and the service you receive from Steve and Sarah is always excellent.

Currently in my main system are a pair of Quad 989's, a Technics SP10 mark 2 complete with the original plinth and dust cover which are in immaculate condition and a Revox A700 reel to reel tape deck, I have owned these three items between 3 and 7 years and all have performed faultlessly. I have also bought some budget gear from them including a Teac A610 amp, Garrard AP76 turntable and Yamaha CT600 tuner and again they have been excellent. Those Quad 2905's could possibly cause a disturbance in the force.

Great to see Steve up and about again as he has been quite ill.

Edited by wizmax
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wizmax said:

Have used the Hangar on many occasions and the service you receive from Steve and Sarah is always excellent.

Currently in my main system are a pair of Quad 989's, a Technics SP10 mark 2 complete with the original plinth and dust cover which are in immaculate condition and a Revox A700 reel to reel tape deck, I have owned these three items between 3 and 7 years and all have performed faultlessly. I have also bought some budget gear from them including a Teac A610 amp, Garrard AP76 turntable and Yamaha CT600 tuner and again they have been excellent. Those Quad 2905's could possibly cause a disturbance in the force.

Great to Steve up and about again as he has been quite ill.

Great to see small businesses like this doing well, and such an eclectic mix of gear available, almost like a Wam show :) :^

Thanks for posting, brilliant watch that.:D:^

Bought my 1210 from them, great deal and service was excellent, one of my fav sellers on eBay.

Super Wammer

Not bought anything but I think their prices reasonable compared to most other eBay dealers.

Visited HiFi Hangar this morning with my recently purchased Myryad Pre as I was having problems with one side of the inputs not working, or so i thought.

Within 5 minutes it had been hooked up and was checked out. The diagnosis was rather embarassingly down to me not connecting it up correctly :wall:

In my defence the output channels were split either side of the input channels in a horizontal configuration whereas the inputs were vertically aligned and I just assumed that the outputs were vertically aligned. Doh!

I now have stereo output - hurrah and a reminder to RTFM.

So many thanks to the Rob and Steve for solving the problem and not making me feel to much of an idiot.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

great to hear good service

Hi Fi Hanger ran a very successful Hifi Show and music sale in conjunction with Ben (Ben's Collectable record shop (Guildford) in 2017.

Proceeds went to the theatre in Bordon where the show was held.

Several Wammers attended. There were a couple of excellent professional systems displayed there including one run by Puresound who were demonstrating Heco Speakers and the  interesting Motus DD turntable and another was an all Audio Note system with ANE's driven by Ongaku amplification. The TT in the latter was a magnificent piece of engineering, though I dont know what its called.

Jonathan Billington ran a raffle in aid of the charity with a Baby Pre as the prize.

Any chance of another one in 2019 Steve?

Jack NSM