We have a bag of spare buttons :^

image.jpeg.766ba9ebad4687b1f1e5d07754b858ed.jpeg

Just now, barneys dad said:

image.jpeg.766ba9ebad4687b1f1e5d07754b858ed.jpeg

:sick:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

:sick:

Think I've managed to spoil my own lunch :?

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, Bazzer said:

We have a bag of spare buttons :^

none of which work?

On 03/07/2018 at 16:07, bencat said:

I like the Wam and I post a reasonable amount . I have only attended one Bake off and would like to attend more if I can around the North West . I keep looking but do not see too many .

I do not have the space or the SWBO approval to hold my own bake off but as I now only work Tuesday , Wednesday , Thursday if anyone fancies coming round for a listen any Monday or Friday (Monday is best as my Wife is at work) then I could cope with one or two .

I went to Kegworth this year as an exhibitor at this show for the first time , I never got to the previous version .  I had a huge amount of fun and thought both the venue and the rooms were spot on easily the best HiFi Show I have attended.  I accept that there were no huge rooms to offer for those with massive systems but given how easy it was to get to and the ease of setting up etc I have to hold my hand up and join the middle fi group . I think despite the weather it was a huge success and hope to be able to be there again next year.

I have been given so much help and advice by so many on here that it would take to long to list . I have also had so many kind offers of loan equipment  (which I have to say due to my own paranoia what if I blow it up , what if it destroys my sonic beliefs etc ) that I again feel the warmth of many of the members.

I do appreciate the slightly less abusive nature that has become the norm as I strongly believe you should never type anything in a thread that you would not say to that persons face if you were in front of them .

Yes things could be better , the classifieds are nothing like as busy as they used to be but is that because they were only being used by guests and lurkers as free ads rathere than a sign of the vigour of the old Wam ? Not sure , I agree the current format needs to be improved and made more friendly and easier to get a two way conversation over an item . I would also like to see the Trade Sales separated as there is a different dynamic buying from the Trade than an individual .

I would certainly say that the Mod level on this forum is how I like it in the background unless things just get too much or someone needs to complain . If you really do not like another wammers view then do not read it and move on going back time and again to argue the same point never works.  As a passive user of this site I have to accept its limitations and rules those that own and run the site put in so much work just to keep everything ticking along and then go to the trouble of doing the organising and arranging of events like Kegworth . We may not agree with what they do but so far I have not seen anyone step forward and say well I could do this better here is were I would go and I will do the work until that is the action proposed then we have to thankful we have a site and a community of people who can offer both help and support.

Totally agree with these comments.  I enjoy the Wam which I believe to be in good health with many friendly, kind and knowledgeable members (as Bencat says Kegworth was an excellent example of this).  If I have a criticism it is that there is too much unnecessary negativity.

• Upvote 2

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, stylesound said:

Totally agree with these comments.  I enjoy the Wam which I believe to be in good health with many friendly, kind and knowledgeable members (as Bencat says Kegworth was an excellent example of this).  If I have a criticism it is that there is too much unnecessary negativity.

What a load of absolute tosh.

Joking!! See you soon Mike, will be good to catch up.

I posted this on the other thread but £u€K it, it's on this one as well

I want to thank all the people who have tried their best to make this forum what it is. I can only appreciate the time & effort it must take to set up a venture that has to accommodate so many technical aspects never mind the varying opinions.

In our 'ideal world' all we'd be talking about is the music but the realism is, we love to chat about which piece of kit did it best... because we're freakoids.

whilst a lot of members talk about bake offs, technical analasis, etc those reasons don't appeal to a lot of other members because they don't feel they have the technical nouse to contribute or want to attend a bake off ..it just isn't for them. It doesn't mean they are less enthusiastic about music or hifi.

Trying to be constructive in my criticism I feel the site has become over complicated. Navigation is not intuitive. Bold headings are not in use or contrubuted to. The methods of moving from one area/ subscribe/ post an ad etc  are complicated so it takes a mod to advise a member how to do something which should be quite straight forward.

Whilst I appreciate the reasons for all the decisions made on the forum I feel that separating the classifieds into the megastore has had a detrimental effect. I understand the need to keep 'mercenaries' at bay but the conversation & discussion of trading equipment brought strangers together and evoked opinions that naturally caused topics for discussion. I feel the classifieds are thee lifeblood of a forum.

I am not a member of the old guard nor a newbie & I don't contribute many posts but I would like the forum to flourish again. I found this site through an ad on Google & after becoming a member the advice & support I received was outstanding. Long may it continue. 

It will if the right decisions are made.

Edited 1 hour ago by Slightly Athletic

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

On 30/06/2018 at 11:17, parcelmonkey said:

A little bit like a long term marriage then? For it to work properly, it requires a little bit of effort and work, on both sides...

Even dipping in occasionally, albeit not quite as frequently as times gone past? :D

I agree with your sentiments - I also believe for a forum to succeed we also need new blood, which brings new questions.  

I do value the forum it is nice to be connected to fellow enthusiasts - bit like being married I do not have in depth conversation and debate with the Missus every day // but in some ways that is a relief :) 

• Haha 1

Re the sales pages, when membership was larger and more committed the wam had the feeling of a large friendly but unruly club. Most kit offered was at very resonable rates as there was a expectation it would prob stay in the club, and prob get recycled agn and agn, when the outside world got involved the kit was snapped up and resold on eBay, this was the core of the wam along with a experienced and opinionated membership. 

Must admit I preferred the Wild West flavour of the past, hectic but fun! 

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

interesting to note that on a sunny evening in july when many will be enjoying a drink in the garden , there are still 234 people using the wam at this moment . pretty good really 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hifinutt said:

interesting to note that on a sunny evening in july when many will be enjoying a drink in the garden , there are still 234 people using the wam at this moment . pretty good really 

Unfortunately most are not logged in so are not actually using/ contributing . I have just checked and there were 30 members logged in some of them have never posted here and have zero count. This is the problem, how to get more people actually engaged rather than browsing as "guests" and newbies to get their fingers out and post something even if it's to say Hello.

I would like to see a section where new members, as soon as they join, to complete their membership they are automatically directed to a thread where they introduce themselves, say hello . It will break the ice for them and they should get responses from existing members welcoming them to the WAM. We need to encourage people to chat on here and not be reticent.

Edited by mr.me
nosey aren't you
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, mr.me said:

I would like to see a section where new members, as soon as they join, they are automatically directed to a thread where they introduce themselves, say hello . It will break the ice for them and they should get responses from existing members welcoming them to the WAM. We need to encourage people to chat on here and not be reticent.

I think it should be called the Front Desk with a sign that says

Welcome! Please sign in... :^

1cpjq5.jpg&p=DevEx.LB.1,5231.1

It could all have been so different, if you'd chosen the right pies.......:P

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, JVS said:

It could all have been so different, if you'd chosen the right pies.......:P

The world revolves around pies......welcome back Jim:D

• Upvote 1