Sgt Pepper

The Beatles White Album, Confirmed Remix, Half Speed Master

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, Bazzer said:

I was introduced to ELP's Pictures at an Exihibition and I was off into the world of prog.

I'd have thought you would have outgrown it by now :D

2 minutes ago, greybeard said:

I'd have thought you would have outgrown it by now :D

Takes time does Prog , I'm up to disc 2 of Topographic Oceans .

Super Wammer
4 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

Takes time does Prog , I'm up to disc 2 of Topographic Oceans .

Well done, I could not get past disc 1 :shock:

Edited by greybeard
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, greybeard said:

Well done, I could not get past disc 1 :shock:

Yep...gave up on that one and didn't get the CD when I went all digital. The keys to ascension is pretty hard work too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drainpipe said:

TheMix_790_4201.jpg

Steven Wilson is starting to look his age.

Choose the 14 tracks to make the White album a single album. It will drive you nuts.

22 hours ago, bigfool1956 said:

I saw their first (or possibly second) gig at the Croydon Greyhound. They were great but they struggled with the tech of the day with their instrumental line-up.

IIRC we stayed in the bar that night.

18 hours ago, Colinjg said:

Choose the 14 tracks to make the White album a single album. It will drive you nuts.

I've got it down to 18, 9 per side, including a short Helter Skelter and What's the New Mary Jane. Should work.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You can’t shorten Helter Skelter, but Repped for including What's the New Mary Jane.

:^

On 21/06/2018 at 11:17, Bazzer said:

It's a lot to do with my age I think , I missed the album , by the time I became aware of it I'd moved on . I had nobody around me that bought albums , I bought Hey Jude that year and my first ever album purchase was Let it Be a couple of years later , second and third albums were Sgt Pepper and Abbey Road then Tommy and Who's Next and out of the blue I was introduced to ELP's Pictures at an Exihibition and I was off into the world of prog.

Fair enough. The Beatles were my first favourite band. But that was late 80's leading into early 90's. I'm only 37 I don't think age has anything to do with it, unless you were lucky enough to be around when they were playing. But for a kid 11-12 after listening to early albums The White Album, Sgt. Pepper and Abbey Road were ground breaking :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, insider9 said:

I'm only 37 I don't think age has anything to do with it

Really meant the timing of the release in relation to my age , if I had been 16 -17 working and buying albums i would have most definitely have bought it and maybe have a different opinion . 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Funny after reading this thread I was going to look on Amazon but came across the boxed remastered CD set 16 albums and there was a used example for £44 plus £1.26 postage . Decided that at that price despite having most of the tracks already it was worth the purchase given that it works out at £2.75 per CD ,even though some of them are not music provided they are all in reasonable condition then it seems to me a good buy .

Super Wammer

The Beatles Compete Box set arrived today and have to say it is in very good condition the CD's and individual Album covers are all mint only a slight tear on the outer box . Great value for £46 delivered so sitting here ripping al of this to the Hard Drive . Not sure if the remove all the albums and put them on the shleves or keep them in the box .

18 hours ago, bencat said:

The Beatles Compete Box set arrived today and have to say it is in very good condition the CD's and individual Album covers are all mint only a slight tear on the outer box . Great value for £46 delivered so sitting here ripping al of this to the Hard Drive . Not sure if the remove all the albums and put them on the shleves or keep them in the box .

Nice one.  I have both the remastered box sets, stereo and mono and they have all only been ripped and CDs never played on my system. The discs in both sets were very tight in the covers, a problem with many deluxe and box sets when the discs come in card covers rather than the traditional plastic case. The 2009 stereo remasters sound great imho though the 50th anniversary Pepper is for me a step upwards. The mono box set is fab, especially the early releases like Please Pleas Me and With The Beatles.