Sgt Pepper

The Beatles White Album, Confirmed Remix, Half Speed Master

5 hours ago, Paulssurround said:

I am thinking about buying this set, but only need the BluRay disc, so I can play the album in 5.1.

I wish they would sell just the BluRay disc alone., otherwise it would be a bit cheesy to buy all the extra discs?

Ementaler to tell you that where  I am fromage, it costs $170 on Amazon, which is a bit on the high side

I already Havarti copies of this album, and know the Beatle’s had many Muenster hits from this release.

I’m Stilton deciding whether to go ahead with the purchase, but I may go out on a Limburger and buy it?

Suggestions? 😂

Paul,

They do sell the Bluray on its own now.

I bought the set for £65.00 last year and it's wonderful but don't have a surrrround system system.

If you really only want the Blu-ray Disc from the set I will send it to you in Canada 

Via David Wiliamson at Linn.

Mudcruch sends his best regards.

Edited by Bignose5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bignose5 said:

Paul,

They do sell the Bluray on its own now.

I bought the set for £65.00 last year and it's wonderful but don't have a surrrround system system.

If you really only want the Blu-ray Disc from the set I will send it to you in Canada 

Via David Wiliamson at Linn.

Mudcruch sends his best regards.

Oh yes, that would be awesome.  :D

Please say hello to Mudcrutch and David Williamson for me.

Let's exchange information via private message.

Edited by Paulssurround

Paul,

I went and pulled it from the rack yesterday evening and the disc is missing.

It would appear my daughter has taken it to use in here new surround room in London.

Looks like she's helped herself to a few others as well.

I doubt if she will be down again until Easter or her birthday in June.

• Upvote 1

On 05/02/2019 at 22:59, Bignose5 said:

Paul,

I went and pulled it from the rack yesterday evening and the disc is missing.

It would appear my daughter has taken it to use in here new surround room in London.

Looks like she's helped herself to a few others as well.

I doubt if she will be down again until Easter or her birthday in June.

Thank you for checking it out for me.

I really appreciate your offer to sell off the single BluRay disc.  😊

I decided to buy the Beatles White Album Anniversary box set last night.

I have not opened it up or listened to it yet, but plan on doing that this evening.

Cheers

Paul

I had a chance to listen to my new Beatles White Album box set, in 5.1 last night, with the BluRay disc included in the Anniversary box set.

Listening to the album, the surround mix really brought the album to life, with a sense of “live” in the studio feel.

I was hearing so much new material I had never heard before in stereo

Most of the songs are superb, in terms of surround mix and sound stage in 5.1, while the odd song is just okay.

The song  Piggies 🐷 , just about blew me out of my seat, as there were very loud pig snorts, that unexpectedly came out of my surround speakers

Many of the songs, which I had heard before in stereo, took on a whole new level of intimacy and engagement in 5.1 surround

There appears to be a big difference in sound quality between the DTS HD mix and the Dolby mix 

The DTS HD 5.1, seems a bit leaner, but more detailed.

The Dolby 5.1 appeared to be richer but more bass heavy. Overall, I preferred the DTS version

The sound quality is not as audiophile as Sargent Peppers album, but I think that was to give it a more “live” feel on purpose.

The inclusive book that comes in the box set is absolutely first class and gives you all the information you could ever want to know about this album, the song writing and recording process

Overall this is a great addition to my music collection

I will spend the time exploring the other material soon.  😊👍🏻