Kegworth Show Information

THE WAM HIFI SHOW 2019 - Exhibitor Rooms All Now Full

Show Opens At 10am This Sunday - £15 On The Door (No Card Facilities/CASH ONLY)
Super Wammer Members Entrance Fee is £10 (Must Show Proof Of Membership and Forum Name eg. Print Out Of Forum Profile)

ROOM ALLOCATIONS https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KSQoBqqBYbZWVFBU6oX8u5kM-FPGsxl4uQMaTx_iu6k/edit?usp=sharing

Sgt Pepper

The Beatles White Album, Confirmed Remix, Half Speed Master

Fecking buzzing. Paul McCartney has confirmed that The Beatles-White Album remaster is nearly ready......if it's anything as good as Sgt Pepper.:notworthy::oj:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/new-paul-mccartney-album-egypt-station-coming-september-7-2018.497145/page-475

Edited by Sgt Pepper
  • Like 1

Steven Wilson must've been too busy ;-).

• Haha 1

Blinking heck I thought the forum might have gone into meltdown after this news.O.o

Super Wammer

We are not all Sgt Pepper :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sgt Pepper said:

Blinking heck I thought the forum might have gone into meltdown after this news.O.o

Not fussed on the White Album at all , only one good track for me , While my guitar gently weeps .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

Not fussed on the White Album at all , only one good track for me , While my guitar gently weeps .

:shock:

It’s a great album, I love it. Aside from No 9 of course and Goodnight.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

For me Blackbird is one of the best songs ever written. You don't rate it then? 

Really looking forward to the new remaster. Coincidentally I've listened to Sgt Pepper today first time in a while and the Remaster is indeed very good. 

• Like 2

It was such a revolutionary album at the time it came out. Being before CDs and downloads, you had to listen right through. Even through Revolution number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine.

13 hours ago, insider9 said:

You don't rate it then?

It's a lot to do with my age I think , I missed the album , by the time I became aware of it I'd moved on . I had nobody around me that bought albums , I bought Hey Jude that year and my first ever album purchase was Let it Be a couple of years later , second and third albums were Sgt Pepper and Abbey Road then Tommy and Who's Next and out of the blue I was introduced to ELP's Pictures at an Exihibition and I was off into the world of prog.

So ELO before ELP

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, wizmax said:

So ELO before ELP

Lol , that did come to mind as I typed , I don't own any ELO I'm far too cool :cool:

Err correction I bought 10538 Overture when Roy Wood was still in the band .

Super Wammer
6 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

Lol , that did come to mind as I typed , I don't own any ELO I'm far too cool :cool:

Err correction I bought 10538 Overture when Roy Wood was still in the band .

I saw their first (or possibly second) gig at the Croydon Greyhound. They were great but they struggled with the tech of the day with their instrumental line-up.

1 minute ago, bigfool1956 said:

struggled with the tech of the day with their instrumental line-up

I think that is why Roy Wood left , his vision of the "orchestra" wasn't practical .