Lurch

Luches Southcoast Bake-Off (Chichester PO19) SATURDAY 1st September.

Dealer

Either, I am up for it. But this time can we have the fish fingers in sandwiches, I was looking forward to that.

Anything you want me to bring

Super Wammer
1 minute ago, Richard Dunn said:

Either, I am up for it. But this time can we have the fish fingers in sandwiches, I was looking forward to that.

Bread? :) 

Now I know this is a difficult point, and everyone is tiptoeing around it, but I'd rather like to hear something from the NVA range, e.g. a phono stage or a pre-amp. I don't know how others feel about this, is it controversial? I don't even know what you think about this Richard, but having met you I don't imagine it would turn into a sales pitch.

Super Wammer
4 minutes ago, Richard Dunn said:

Yep will sort a loaf for this one.

As to what to bring, I will give the above question a few days and if no preference shown, toss a coin and put up a separate dated BO thread where you guys can thrash out what kit your bringing. 

Dealer

I never sell, even at shows, I find it distasteful. I know no one believes me but NVA sell itself in what it does, some like some don't, enough do for me to make a living. My motives for being on this forum and to attend bake-offs are to be myself not NVA. I would prefer to be a silly name and not be known as Mr NVAman, but I can't. As I am then reported or sussed out and called a spammer or shill. I joined here 12 years ago (I think) as Richard Dunn, posted nothing about NVA, someone outed me to James Palmer and that was the start of my problem with him. I wanted to be me, he wanted me to be NVA and give him £50, so he got told where he should stick his invoice he sent me. In retrospect that was daft, I should have just coughed up and paid for the abuse I was getting from the in crowd.

Unless you were part of the in crowd your really cannot imagine how much better this place is now, and you should THANK Peter for that, OK you have to put up with promos and ads, well for me that is a lot better than what came before.

• Upvote 1

Dealer

BTW Nadia is off to Moscow in a week or so for a couple of weeks, so I can do a Bake-Off in Sidcup as she won't know about it :whistle:

I won't list it if mods think it is not appropriate. Obviously the home system will be NVA, but we can swop in what is brought, but not speakers, too much hassle. I can supply semi omni and point and squirt so you have that comparison. Should I theme it if allowed - Phono Stages - Amplifiers. Personally I would like to show everyone the differences to music different cables make.

As incentive I make a brill Goat Curry and Masala Tea. Brick Lane veg samosas if meat is not on the menu for you. Or if you want to be just snacky I have proper Brick Lane Jewish Beigels and smoked salmon - yummy!

Sorry I can't compete with fish finger sandwiches and fat chips.

Edited by Richard Dunn

Super Wammer

That's appreciated and understood Richard, without you needing to reiterate. From my own perspective I would be interested in finding out where the MM stage in my pre stands against separate phonos. So happy for you to bring one and hopefully others will aswell, and also happy for you to bring something to satisfy Daves curiosity. 

Super Wammer

Next BO thread now up.