Fourlegs

WAVE High Fidelity Cables

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, rabski said:

According to APA, Chicago and every other style guide, you are wrong. Never, ever a full stop, but a colon can be used.

Our customers say, "....

Our customers say: "....

Of course you cannot put a full stop there, because that signals the end of the sentence, whereas the main clause actually follows.

Sorry? Where did I suggest a full stop? I actually suggested to Nick either a colon or nothing at all rather than a comma.

Will you withdraw your accusation of my wrongness, sir? Or must we outside?

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, rabski said:

No. No. And no.

With a colon (correct) there would be a semi-colon after each. Not ever a comma. They are separate items, not different items in the same sentence.

A full stop after each is perfectly fine. A comma would not be.

/pedant mode.

In grammatical terms, what is an "item"?

1) Re colon: I agree.

Our customers say: "X"; "Y"; "Z".

2) Re comma: we disagree. If considered as a single sentence, which is the only circumstance under which Nick's initial comma makes sense, this structure works very well:

Our customers say, "X", "Y", and "Z".

3) In modern usage with explicit or implicit bullets:

Our customers say

"X"

"Y"

"Z".

Language is of course a living thing. All of the above are acceptable; a mix of them is not.

• Like 1

Super Wammer
15 minutes ago, Blackmetalboon said:

This must be a first, a cable thread that has remained civil until it descended into a grammar fight!

I'm sure that comma should be a colon.

:minikev:

• Haha 2

Dealer

Thanks for all the helpful comments. I have just managed to sneak in a revised advert to Hi-Fi World.

@Nopiano has got his wish for a more prominent web address.

Yesterday I got some more feedback from Terry at Pursuit Perfect System from his testing a single WAVE STORM Reference digital cable between his source and DAC. So the copy has been amended to include that and also to offer single cables for sale.

I have also learned about the 'Flatten Transparency' option in QuarkXPress so the advert is no longer throwing up errors at their end.

1032611107_HiFiWorldWaveHiFiFINALrevised.thumb.jpg.e11e6e2d05c53114d5f139f65ed70f3c.jpg

• Like 2

Dealer

A nice email has just popped in from a recent customer on this damp morning.

"I just finished up comparing several different Wireworld brand BNC digital cable pairs to my benchmark — your WAVE Storm Reference cables.

I have a friend in Seattle who is a Wireworld dealer who arranged to have 1 meter pairs of Starlight 8, Gold Starlight 7, and Platinum Starlight 7 sent to me.

Though there was a definite audible improvement stepping up through the various levels of Wireworld cables, none of them seriously rivaled your WAVEs when I used them without additional ferrites. I could hear how the top-line Platinum Starlight 7 might be attractive to someone who was looking for a certain sound — very lively, lots of transient pop, somewhat spotlit up top — but to my ears that exciting sort of sound soon became fatiguing. The two lower-tier cables didn’t come close.

Interestingly, adding ferrites (in this case 20 Fair-Rite 2.5 gHz clamp-ons) did cause a convergence toward the darker, smoother and more natural sound of your WAVEs, with a notable increase in the Wireworld cables’ depth of field, but only the most expensive of the Wireworld cables at $3000.00USD per pair came close to parity in overall sound quality.

And though audibly the Platinum 7s might have gotten close, in all other respects your cables are significantly superior — construction, materials (particularly, quality of BNC plugs), weight (yours are much less weighty and put less strain on BNC jacks), flexibility, appearance, and of course, price.

I thought I would pass this along and voice my continuing appreciation for the brilliant design and execution of your WAVE cables. They are a major factor in enjoying the full quality of the Blu - DAVE combination.

Very best regards,

Steve Z"

Edited by Fourlegs
  • Like 2

Dealer

A nice video about my cables from Pursuit Perfect System.

https://youtu.be/rzQ39o4lNH8

• Like 1

Dealer

Dealer

Thank you to Terry at Pursuit Perfect system who has given the WAVE STORM Reference cable his Best Digital Cable of 2018 Award.

1394912336_BESTDIGICABLEwave2018.thumb.jpg.f33aa14f0746a9ed2bb7f516ff48f59e.jpg

• Like 1

Dealer

Another Award for Best Digital Cable of 2018.

1427608897_Screenshot2019-01-08at07_00_55.thumb.png.8b1a473e7153213b000537f44360fa1d.png

1591060763_Screenshot2019-01-08at07_01_36.thumb.png.c056b5e130a244febfd1dafac629e50f.png

https://audiobacon.net/category/best-of-2018/

Dealer
1 minute ago, Non-Smoking Man said:

Well done Nick!

Thanks Jack, I'm pretty chuffed.

Dealer

The latest full page advert just emailed off to Hi Fi World.

1040688642_MarchHiFiWorld.thumb.jpg.584420c3ab7f3eeecebeec488ced6e9d.jpg

• Like 1