wHIZZY

Is there any point in owning CDs or vinyl

20 hours ago, uzzy said:

The moral of the story is not to listen whilst drinking as it appears you slot the albums in the wrong place afterwards.   The answer is to have a motion camera up showing when you remove and replace an LP .. :) 

Or leave the next album pulled out slightly so you can see where to return to.  It works, especially if you have just rolled a joint on one. :hash:

PS. I no longer roll joints.  Honest.

PPS.  My butler does it for me.

Edited by awkwardbydesign
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, awkwardbydesign said:

Or leave the next album pulled out slightly so you can see where to return to.  It works, especially if you have just rolled a joint on one. :hash:

PS. I no longer roll joints.  Honest.

PPS.  My butler does it for me.

Aye I do that .. but seeing as some love the technical overload I thought the camera idea would be a wheeze 

Super Wammer

very much enjoy reading the sleeve notes on my cds when i play them . makes it much more interesting 

• Like 1

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, hifinutt said:

very much enjoy reading the sleeve notes on my cds when i play them . makes it much more interesting 

I get fed up with holding the magnifying glass :D 

LPs are another matter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, bigfool1956 said:

I get fed up with holding the magnifying glass :D 

LPs are another matter.

Get more powerful reading glasses for the CD sleeves (works for me) :) 

Regardless of any real or perceived differences in sound quality, the sheer pleasure of a physical medium does it for me.

I think vinyl sounds better than digital, but I don't care to measure it. The act of putting an LP on the turntable, cleaning it and then listening is part of the overall experience. Streaming, no matter how good the quality, just doesn't give me the same buzz.

It's not about sound quality, but then to be honest, most of this hobby isn't. You can have the best quality imaginable, but all the pleasure is removed. Sorry, but I'll take my distorted vinyl source, my distorting tube pre (though not, in fact) and my hideously distorting (wonderfully so) tube power amp.

And I'll enjoy listening.

I do download and stream stuff, but not to the extent that it sucks the life out of the experience.

• Like 3

Admin
1 hour ago, rabski said:

Regardless of any real or perceived differences in sound quality, the sheer pleasure of a physical medium does it for me.

This 

1 hour ago, rabski said:

I think vinyl sounds better than digital, but I don't care to measure it. The act of putting an LP on the turntable, cleaning it and then listening is part of the overall experience. Streaming, no matter how good the quality, just doesn't give me the same buzz.

This 

1 hour ago, rabski said:

I do download and stream stuff, but not to the extent that it sucks the life out of the experience.

Spotify or  flac's when i cant be arsed to move from the couch but nothing beats the lights down low , glass of red and a slab of my favourite vinyl playing 

• Like 1