bigfool1956

Forget vinyl, the next big revival should be...

Recommended Posts

Super Wammer

...the Tefifon

there's a follow up video too, with a direct-to-soundtrack recording from the player

:love:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Mod

Is it a cross between Teflon and a phone, is it for people with a speech impediment when answering the Telephone.:?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
27 minutes ago, jkbmusic said:

Is it a cross between Teflon and a phone, is it for people with a speech impediment when answering the Telephone.:?

Amazingly it's a tape player, but the tape in the cartridge isn't magnetic, it's plastic with a groove which is played with a cartridge like an LP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nah surely it has to be 8 track players :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

     Techmoan usually has something interesting to look at in a bored moment, thanks for the heads up:). I see he managed to get his puppet signature tune (Cuba Baion) playing in the second vid, come to think of it the vid is a few years old now so it may be where he found the music in the first place!

     It's just one of many technologies that failed to capture the public imagination, it makes me wonder how good it could have become after 60 years of development. I can see it might have confused Keith Monks though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
3 minutes ago, General Factotum said:

     Techmoan usually has something interesting to look at in a bored moment, thanks for the heads up:). I see he managed to get his puppet signature tune (Cuba Baion) playing in the second vid, come to think of it the vid is a few years old now so it may be where he found the music in the first place!

     It's just one of many technologies that failed to capture the public imagination, it makes me wonder how good it could have become after 60 years of development. I can see it might have confused Keith Monks though. 

Trying to find the start of a track must have been difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
2 minutes ago, bigfool1956 said:

Trying to find the start of a track must have been difficult.

     That's true for sure, but probably no worse than doing the same on a R2R.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
4 minutes ago, General Factotum said:

     That's true for sure, but probably no worse than doing the same on a R2R.

Been there, got the T-shirt, in fact still got the R2R machine, must dig it out and digitise my tapes before they fall apart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.