Recommended Posts

Super Wammer
21 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

Looks like officially it's ARW Les , at the bottom of that link

ARW is made up of former Yes members Jon AndersonRick Wakeman and Trevor Rabin, who are each associated with different eras of the legendary rock band's history. Formed in 2010, the trio have been working on material for a new album but right now touring is their priority. From October 2016 to March 2017, ARW will launch their An Evening of Yes Music & More tour across the US and Europe.  

They are not doing Liverpool or Manchester so I missed them again , I have seen Jon and Rick on the Living Tree tour .

As I said above Barry the local advert and the tix all were printed with ‘Yes - featuring ARW’

No matter, I was disappointed to miss whatever they call themselves 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Mod

Its a pity they became two factions , I remember the Anderson , Bruford , Wakeman , Howe band touring at the same time as YES when Chris Squire had the name .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Mod

They almost got the original band together a while back with the tour booked and Jon fell ill the others couldn't back out and they got a replacement singer Jon Davison who I haven't heard but is very like Anderson I have read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Mod
Posted (edited)

Trying to make myself feel better I looked at the set list and they didn't do (I think ) The Revealing Science of God which is a track I would love to see live , they did do (again I think )  Awaken another I'd love to see live.

Edited by Bazzer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

Trying to make myself feel better I looked at the set list and they didn't do (I think ) The Revealing Science of God which is a track I would love to see live , they did do (again I think )  Awaken another I'd love to see live.

Also, they did a very good version of Creams-Sunshine Of Your Love. 😲

One more thing managed to pick up this:

35328122_1866912560027420_25489889289756

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Mod

I can't remember the set list from last night, I was too busy enjoying the music with a cheesy grin on my face all the way through :P. I would have liked to have heard Talk from the Talk album, but we can't have everything, hey-ho . I thought Chris Squire would have been proud of the current Bass player, Lee Pomeroy.

I have followed YES since the early seventies, and first saw the at the City Hall Newcastle with the exploding pods with the musicians inside. I next saw them with the Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe at Whitley Bay Ice Rink 20th October 1989 Details Here

I then saw them on Februay 27th 1998 at Newcastle for the Open your eyes tour. This line up consisted of the following musicians.

Jon Anderson – lead vocals
Steve Howe – guitars, steel guitar, mandolin, banjo, vocals
Billy Sherwood – guitars, vocals, keyboards
Chris Squire – bass guitar, vocals, harmonica
Alan White – drums, percussion, vocals

I bought a T-Shirt at the concert, and proudly wore it last night, even if it was a bit manky, as I had not worn it for ten yearso.O.

As far as the "Two Factions" are concerned, I look on it as if they were divorced parents, two lots of presents for birthdays and Christmas, and one trying to out do the other. What's not to like :hug:.

So although I have only seen them live four times, over five decades, I feel privileged to have been part of the evolution.

Long may it continue.

16 minutes ago, Sgt Pepper said:

Also, they did a very good version of Creams-Sunshine Of Your Love. 😲

One more thing managed to pick up this:

35328122_1866912560027420_25489889289756

You did'nt "Pick it up", you paid through the nose for it :D.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
5 minutes ago, jkbmusic said:

 I thought Chris Squire would have been proud of the current Bass player, Lee Pomeroy.

As I said above Jeff he played bass on one of the Steve Hackett tours I saw at The Sage - he was brilliant 🎸

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Mod
Just now, Sumdumgi said:

As I said above Jeff he played bass on one of the Steve Hackett tours I saw at The Sage - he was brilliant 🎸

Yep I saw that 😉.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Mod
26 minutes ago, jkbmusic said:

Long may it continue.

I hope so , incredible these bands are doing 50th anniversary tours . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jkbmusic said:

I can't remember the set list from last night, I was too busy enjoying the music with a cheesy grin on my face all the way through :P. I would have liked to have heard Talk from the Talk album, but we can't have everything, hey-ho . I thought Chris Squire would have been proud of the current Bass player, Lee Pomeroy.

I have followed YES since the early seventies, and first saw the at the City Hall Newcastle with the exploding pods with the musicians inside. I next saw them with the Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe at Whitley Bay Ice Rink 20th October 1989 Details Here

I then saw them on Februay 27th 1998 at Newcastle for the Open your eyes tour. This line up consisted of the following musicians.

Jon Anderson – lead vocals
Steve Howe – guitars, steel guitar, mandolin, banjo, vocals
Billy Sherwood – guitars, vocals, keyboards
Chris Squire – bass guitar, vocals, harmonica
Alan White – drums, percussion, vocals

I bought a T-Shirt at the concert, and proudly wore it last night, even if it was a bit manky, as I had not worn it for ten yearso.O.

As far as the "Two Factions" are concerned, I look on it as if they were divorced parents, two lots of presents for birthdays and Christmas, and one trying to out do the other. What's not to like :hug:.

So although I have only seen them live four times, over five decades, I feel privileged to have been part of the evolution.

Long may it continue.

You did'nt "Pick it up", you paid through the nose for it :D.

I know Jeff, got carried away with the occasion.😉  

Edited by Sgt Pepper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.