Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Pepper

YES

Off to see YES tonight in Newcastle with Jeff of this parish.

• Like 1

Don't forget the tickets :off:

• Like 1

What tickets. 😇

3 hours ago, Sgt Pepper said:

What tickets. 😇

Not what tickets :nup:, Yes tickets 2.gif .

• Haha 1

Just got back, what a show........fantastic.:notworthy:

YES, I agree :D

• Like 1

42776023531_a0cfef5307_b.jpg

Anderson, Wakeman, & Rabbin, 50 years later.

:notworthy:

• Upvote 1

Saw them about a year ago in Manchester. I was amazed at how 'fresh' they came across. And equally how the original values of musicianship and especially timing were still there. If you liked them in the past, then go and see them now if you get the opportunity.

Similar to Dave Gilmour, if anything they have gained through experience, not lost through age.

• Like 1

Just now, rabski said:

Saw them about a year ago in Manchester. I was amazed at how 'fresh' they came across. And equally how the original values of musicianship and especially timing were still there. If you liked them in the past, then go and see them now if you get the opportunity.

Similar to Dave Gilmour, if anything they have gained through experience, not lost through age.

Both Baz and I were amazed that Anderson as still able to hit every note spot on. Even though he managed to get his timing wrong on one song, all it did was to bring out a wry smile on his face, but being the starship trooper, he just carried on. He did remark that he was surprised they were still alive :D. I liked the fact that Wakeman, et.al genuinely seemed to enjoy playing together.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jkbmusic said:

Both Baz and I were amazed that Anderson as still able to hit every note spot on. Even though he managed to get his timing wrong on one song, all it did was to bring out a wry smile on his face, but being the starship trooper, he just carried on. He did remark that he was surprised they were still alive :D. I liked the fact that Wakeman, et.al genuinely seemed to enjoy playing together.

I know there was a bit of hilarity about the City Hall advert for the concert billed as 'the definitive line-up' with Jon Anderson, Trevor Rabin, Rick Wakeman, with Lee Pomeroy and Lou Molino ?

Actually one of my favourite Yes albums is Talk which Rabin produced and the critics murdered (wrongly IMHO). Good to hear you enjoyed it, Pomeroy is a fantastic bass player, saw him with Steve Hackett's band a year or two back when Nick Beggs left to join Steven Wilson. I had tickets but passed them on to a friend a few weeks back as we ended up booking a trip to Poland last weekend and didn't get back until today.

Posted (edited)

I've seen Wakeman twice doing his solo stuff in the last couple of years. He's very, very funny and self-depracating, but still as agile as ever on the keys.

Actually, like you, Anderson was the one who amazed us the most. Remembering he'd had some notable health issues (in the breathing department), I'd expected him to take everything down at least two octaves, but he didn't. A couple of the very extreme notes were lower pitched, but that's me as an OCD Yes fan. He hit every note spot on.

Saw the Who last year as well, and Daltrey managed the same feat.

Someone needs to show a few others, mind you.

Edited by rabski
forgot how to spell
  • Like 1

Must be 40 + years since I saw them last, pre Wakeman era. Its nothing short of miraculous they can still hack it live. Andersons's vocals were choir boy high back in the day so, as you say Richard, its really something when they dont drop songs down an octave.

During a 15- 30 minute bass solo, did Wakeman have a roadie deliver him an onstage curry?

@Sgt Pepper @jkbmusic didn't comment on this yesterday I thought Steve Howe had the YES name ? I knew the others (Jon , Rick + ) had toured last year and I had missed them .

Just read Les' post , what did the band last night call themselves ?

6 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

Just read Les' post , what did the band last night call themselves ?

More Info AboutYes featuring Anderson, Rabin, Wakeman

This is the ticket advert for the City Hall at Newcastle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sumdumgi said:
More Info AboutYes featuring Anderson, Rabin, Wakeman

This is the ticket advert for the City Hall at Newcastle.

Looks like officially it's ARW Les , at the bottom of that link

ARW is made up of former Yes members Jon AndersonRick Wakeman and Trevor Rabin, who are each associated with different eras of the legendary rock band's history. Formed in 2010, the trio have been working on material for a new album but right now touring is their priority. From October 2016 to March 2017, ARW will launch their An Evening of Yes Music & More tour across the US and Europe.  

They are not doing Liverpool or Manchester so I missed them again , I have seen Jon and Rick on the Living Tree tour .