Any one here use Art Audio, I use a lot of their kit and not just because Tom Willis is a mate of mine, I used his kit before we became friendly :) My current set up uses the just launched Veloce monoblocs which use EL34s, a quad per amp in class A triode mode, these are fed from a venerable VP1 pre amp.  I've got two turntables on the system, a Garrard 401 which uses the MM input on the VP1.  The other TT is an Art Audio Composer, the main arm is an SME IV.V as made for Kiseki USA by SME.  It has the bearings, damping trough and internal wiring of a Series V but is static balance.  This has a Koetsu Rosewood Signature and goes to the VP1 via a Trichord Dino with a NC power supply, this will be replaced in due course by a Vinyl One.  Arm two on the Composer is a Jelco 750D with an AT Mono33, which also goes to the phono stage on the VPI. I also have a Triode mode Art Audio Quintet as a spare amp.  Anyone else here use Art Audio stuff?

• Like 1

Ive had a few power amps....Quintet, Concerto and Diavolo. All great amps, fantastic sound and reliable...

Currently have a vinyl one ref. Ive tried a few other phono amps (VIDA, SJS etc) and still have it....

Tom has been developing a Conductor phono now which sound great Id try one of these if funds allows?

• Upvote 1

Have owned Art Audio amps and known Tom Willis for around a decade. Recommended to me by a former sound engineer for their musicality and he was not wrong.

Conductor pre. Concerto power with Art Audio KT 90s (actually Yugoslav EI valves) or a quad of early 1970s GEC KT88s. Tom made me a bespoke MM Vinyl One around a year ago which we must get round to finishing off. The stereo cart is an Ortofon Per Windfield that goes into a pair of Tom's SUTs wound specially for that cart's spec.

How do they sound? They dont sound of anything...they sound exactly like music. 

I don't own any Art Audio but a good friend has the Diavolo integrated version so I get to listen to it on a regular basis through his Audionote E's and it sounds superb, really like it very enjoyable. 

It looks utterly gorgeous to boot. 

Super Wammer

I use a Quintet power amp, it has been owned by a couple of other members on here & has had Definitive Audio/Living Voice upgrades & sounds fantastic to my ears as well as those who have heard it.No plans whatsoever to change it. I also have a Vinyl One Reference phono pre, which has both MM & MC, an extra line input (I run my CDP from it), has been modified with silver wire & has a remote control. I think the V1 is pretty special, the best phono I have ever had, although I might just have to sell it to fund a recent plan to go a different way with my system sadly, but we will see, for now I am just enjoying what it does.

I think that the Diavolo is pretty special when used with WE 300b...If I had more sensitive speakers I would have kept it...

The Vinyl One is pretty unbeatable. You can have different but I'm unconvinced ultimately better. Really responds to good caps and NOS valves...

Well I’ve decided to part with my Art Audio Quintet as I have the stunning Art Audio Velocè monoblocs and I’m short of room. I will have it at the February Audio Jumble if anyone is interested. 

Posted (edited)

Hi All,

I'm working on a promo video for Art Audio.  Are there any users on here who would like to be interviewed about their kit.  Looking for the oldest Art amp still in use too.  If you don't want to be on camera I would like to shoot footage and stills of any kit that is out there.  Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Doc

Edited by DocStewart

Just a quickie  anybody own the Vinyl One pho o stage and care to comment on it's sound quality?

Thanks!:)

Don't worry lads will let you know Saturday, picking up an Art Audio vinyl one ( Definitive Audio tweaked) phono amp- ave it!:upgrade:

I was going to say that I've owned one, which James of this parish now has. It's definitely one I regret selling and I very, very much doubt you will be disappointed.

Is Tarzan gonna be found in Sherwood Forest on Saturday Andy?

• Like 1

Is Tarzan gonna be found in Sherwood Forest on Saturday Andy?

No, it was a second hand purchase had it a day now......:^:)

It is blooming big.

Edited by Tarzan
Being sober

Had the Vinyl one a few days and l like it, it is quiet, very nicely built ( l believe it is third hand) the previous owner " had a it a couple of years and did not change the valves, and do not know if the original owner did either", so with this in mind l am going to change them, 1x 6FQ7 and 3 x 12AX7s so any idea what to go for thanks.:)

Really starting to enjoy the Vinyl One, very musical indeed, great bass, cohesive sound.:geek::cool:

• Like 2