Sign in to follow this  
Tune

Probably The Best All Round Music System I'll Ever Hear.

Probably The Best All Round Music System I'll ever hear.

Title says it all. Devialet 400's powering JBL K2 9800 in the size of room that suits the speaker's bottom end perfectly.

I've bought and sold over £250k of audio over the past 25 years. I'll be buried in these loudspeakers and stopped even looking at audio once I found these. Simply better than anything I had before. Superb at all levels and with all kinds of music.

Forget so much of the BS. Just save up for a pair of loudspeakers of similar pedigree that are suited to your listening space. Then find a way to power them properly. Simples.

I am not sure what your saying is true. Of course what it needs is a listen to prove it......!!!!!!!😀😗

I won't be the only one to say this. Vox Olympian and Kondo. I've heard it twice now and I doubt I will ever hear music like it anywhere else. 

I have heard quite a lot over the years. Nothing, nothing comes close.

On 28/05/2018 at 05:31, Tune said:

I'll be buried in these loudspeakers

May you rest in pieces     :)

• Haha 1

On 28/05/2018 at 19:37, rabski said:

I won't be the only one to say this. Vox Olympian and Kondo. I've heard it twice now and I doubt I will ever hear music like it anywhere else. 

I have heard quite a lot over the years. Nothing, nothing comes close.

Hmm. IME it rather depends what you want to listen to. The Kondo systems I have listened to, both at Kevin's and in Japan, are quite remarkable when it comes to the colour of acoustic instrumentation and human voice as well as being dynamically realistic. I find them less enjoyable with a number of more modern genres and recordings which is why I would not choose such a setup even were I to be an oligach of some standing. I've owned some Kondo over the years and undoubtedly you need to go for a Kondo system approach rather than trying to slip the odd component into an existing set up.

The JBL's play pretty much everything, at any level, with a more captivating combination of tonal balance and dynamics (both micro and macro) than I have heard in my room from anything regardless of price. They are, if you like, the ultimate music lover's speaker - or one of them.

Edited by Tune