hlinden

DAC recommendation

I ended up getting the Leema elements dac in the end. Just plugged in today. After the success with the Tucana I found it hard not to try the Leema DAC (bought unheard on eBay 😨).

Need to get a new USB cable before I can use it with tidal but connected to my arcam cds27 it makes a night and day difference. A much better clarity and detail. Funny thing I just read up on after nosing around the bitrate display on the DAC, the CDS27 converts SACD to high res PCM over the digital outs (actually the DAC in the cds27 can't actually decode dsd, it just converts to pcm then decodes).

Thinking a leema phono stage is next on my list.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

had a question for leema this week , there is no hydra 2 manual online . lee himself replied the very next day . first class service i think and over the years been impressed

2 hours ago, hifinutt said:

had a question for leema this week , there is no hydra 2 manual online . lee himself replied the very next day . first class service i think and over the years been impressed

Same for me, before i got the tucana i posted a question regarding current when driving low impedence speakers on their website and Lee replied within 24 hours. Stellar customer serviceand sealed the deal for my purhcase.

Super Wammer

Congrats on the Leema Elements dac, its a nice bit of kit with plenty of connection options along with analogue pass through making it easy to integrate a TT into to a digital system.