hifinutt

boenicke Owners Club

Super Wammer
31 minutes ago, HouseElf said:

So the EX-M1 arrived yesterday afternoon and I had a listening session until around 1am this morning. 

It sounds wonderful and has given the Boenicke’s the power that they need to come alive. Strangely, despite it’s lower power, the Audiozen Alchemy feels like it has more drive. By comparison the EX-M1 sounds bigger with a wider soundstage, much more detail and far better placement of across the soundstage. It easily and confidently helps the little W5SEs fill the room with music.  It does all this without it feeling like music is being thrown at you. 

The amp is also beautifully built - far better than any other amp I have owned. 

All in all I am very pleased - it was a change well worth making. 

E24FF1C0-3A7C-46ED-8B57-41775F1304E3.jpeg

Fascinating HouseElf, never heard of this brand until your original post but glad you are happy. Do hope you can bring it to Kegworth next year (and the W5s of course)

Super Wammer
Just now, Richard A said:

Fascinating HouseElf, never heard of this brand until your original post but glad you are happy. Do hope you can bring it to Kegworth next year (and the W5s of course)

we do NEED some W5s at the show I agree

Super Wammer
4 minutes ago, Duckworp said:

Just visited Sven at Munich HiFi show.  He has the W11se here driven by his new DAC and the Boenicke integrated amp which he says should hit retail sometime soon.  The room sounds amazing.   His amp is 400w into 4 ohm. 

what class is his amp?

Super Wammer
3 minutes ago, Duckworp said:

Just visited Sven at Munich HiFi show.  He has the W11se here driven by his new DAC and the Boenicke integrated amp which he says should hit retail sometime soon.  The room sounds amazing.   His amp is 400w into 4 ohm. 

Thanks Duckworp,

Be fascinated to see pictures if you or someone else is able to post.

Super Wammer
Just now, Maverick said:

what class is his amp?

First of course. It is Swiss.

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
Just now, Richard A said:

First of course. It is Swiss.

ha ha ha! I had to re-read that as I thought that I was on the wrong forum

on the Le Mans one (beermountain) my handle is Swiss Toni (looong story)

Super Wammer
2 minutes ago, Maverick said:

ha ha ha! I had to re-read that as I thought that I was on the wrong forum

on the Le Mans one (beermountain) my handle is Swiss Toni (looong story)

I dread to think! Beer involved possibly.

Super Wammer
18 minutes ago, Richard A said:

I dread to think! Beer involved possibly.

at Le Mans? perish the thought :pint:

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, Maverick said:

I would strongly counsel against judging the W8s based on Kegworth.

The room is very compromised and we are planning a different approach for 2020, more of that later . . . . 

If anyone can be bothered for a listen my door is usually open (being a professional layabout) and good coffee and tea available. Mine are well over 18 months in now and actually the 2nd pair that I have run in. Having Roon / Tidal I can play just about any recording. The offer is there Andrew :) just off J24/M62

My final comment is that they suit my current musical tastes, so for example if I played a lot of heavy rock / metal etc. then I'd be seeking out, say, some AE2s or would have simply kept my 752 Freedoms rather than W8s, but, not unusually my listening habits have changed over the decades - of course Bowie and Springsteen are still regular fare.

Actually, this sounds rather wonderful and is floating my boat:

shot.jpg

Hi Paul

Once the football season has finished I will most certainly take you up on your kind offer and come and have a proper listen . I think you can take it form my comments that I did understand that it would not be fair to judge from Kegworth . I am not saying that the sound was not good it was and many came in to my room commenting on this .

I just know that any item that inspires the fervour that people on this thread show must have something and it must be something special . So as I said I will keep my current views to myself until I get a chance for a good long listen . One proviso no Vinyl I do not use it and never listen to it so I have long forgotten how this sounds and I get dissapointed when listening to even the best front ends , this is just my personal preference so Digital all the way .

Super Wammer
52 minutes ago, HouseElf said:

I'll see what I can do.

costs nothing to grab a room now: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iNtWFYXzMRhWC8ZKOkw6KUHNjYjEm_SgJTYz8sZG4v8/edit

looking almost full already for the larger rooms

Super Wammer
40 minutes ago, bencat said:

Hi Paul

Once the football season has finished I will most certainly take you up on your kind offer and come and have a proper listen . I think you can take it form my comments that I did understand that it would not be fair to judge from Kegworth . I am not saying that the sound was not good it was and many came in to my room commenting on this .

I just know that any item that inspires the fervour that people on this thread show must have something and it must be something special . So as I said I will keep my current views to myself until I get a chance for a good long listen . One proviso no Vinyl I do not use it and never listen to it so I have long forgotten how this sounds and I get dissapointed when listening to even the best front ends , this is just my personal preference so Digital all the way .

you'd be welcome Andrew

I have a server/streamer running Roon & Tidal with about 12500 tracks locally and anything you want from Tidal - or bring your stuff on a USB / CD

I'll PM you my email address so we can discuss when you are both free

18 minutes ago, Duckworp said:

D

I would be very interested in his DAC but suspect it will be expensive. Did you get any details about it please? 

6 hours ago, Maverick said:

Actually, this sounds rather wonderful and is floating my boat:

shot.jpg

6 hours ago, HouseElf said:

I have long been a fan of that album - it would not be the kind of music I would normally gravitate to (I enjoy classical but not really choral/opera) but this music sounds so beautiful through the Boenicke’s it warrants repeated listening. 

Yes like all great music from any genre approachable and uplifting. Its a superb composition. I would suggest you also try the music of  Ola Gjeilo http://olagjeilo.com/

• Like 1