The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

hifinutt

boenicke Owners Club

On 21/06/2018 at 16:52, Maverick said:

enjoy! welcome to the club

if Bowie is your thing try Hunky D, it will mess with your head

Hi Maverick, did listen to Bowie and loved it! Although not my everyday listening, so not much to compare it with. All my music library seems like new, it is incredible the abilities that this speakers have to ampliaste everything in the sound stage. Try yourself this ones, of you haven’t listen them already, Led Zepplin - Stairway to Even, Silent Lucidity - Queensrych and DCD full album Spiritchaser.

I love soooo muck this babies, that every time I pass near them I can’t contain myself form petting them.... lol

Edited by Hi-FiOutlaw
  • Haha 1

Super Wammer
12 hours ago, Hi-FiOutlaw said:

that every time I pass near them I can’t contain myself form petting them.... lol

Lol I know exactly what you mean,  some good choices there mate, tried some real well recorded female vocals? Another Boenicke user punted Tracy Chapman’s Crossroads (stunning), John Mayer’s Paperdoll and some of the recent acoustic recordings produced by Rick Rubin, e.g. Cash’s American Recordings, Neil Diamond etc - be prepared to find guitar players sat all over the place including way outside the speakers, yes I know it’s technically impossible but . . . 

Super Wammer

Try this track Paul, a demo of diamonds on the soles of her shoes, a stripped down version with mainly just bass guitar and vocals.

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, greybeard said:

Try this track Paul, a demo of diamonds on the soles of her shoes, a stripped down version with mainly just bass guitar and vocals.

Sadly I have no way to run YouTube through my system (at present), a quick search on Spotify turned up nowt, however it is on Tidal (I have a full sub) which is interesting - listed as “(Unreleased Version)(Alternate Versionj

try to find a duet of Version of Me with Kimbra & Dawn Richard

Super Wammer
1 minute ago, Maverick said:

Sadly I have no way to run YouTube through my system (at present), a quick search on Spotify turned up nowt, however it is on Tidal (I have a full sub) which is interesting - listed as “(Unreleased Version)(Alternate Versionj

It was released on the 25th anniversary edition of Graceland as a bonus track.

Super Wammer
8 minutes ago, greybeard said:

It was released on the 25th anniversary edition of Graceland as a bonus track.

So not on the first pressing vinyl eh? :D

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
3 minutes ago, Maverick said:

So not on the first pressing vinyl eh? 

You are such a vinyl snob :D

What a great intro on “Diamonds on the soles of her shoes”, great sound stage on the W5s, great recording as well. It made me remember a very special album that you will love to hear on the Boenicke, Ry Cooder - A Meeting by the River. 

Love John Mayer’s - Gravity, got myself a small play list of acoustic guitar music:

Elliott Smith - Between the bars 

Chris Isaac - Blue Spanish Sky ( the visceral voice of Chris )

Dire Straits - You and your Friend

The Housemartins - Step Outside  

Ben Iver - Holocene and Hinnom, TX (a must ear, it’s music all over the place)

Ten Years After - I’d Love the change the world

Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees

Pink Floyd - Mother

The Water Boys - She is so beautiful 

Saint Agnes and the burning train - Sting 

Sanibel - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

Kris Kristofferson - Sunday morning coming Down

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah 

Band of Horses - Accoustic at the Ryman (all album) 

Aidan Awken - Temporary Heart, full album and Walking Blind full album as well, but” Into the Sea” is the best one imo.

Dave Matthews - Some Devil 

Mazzy Star - Fade Into You and Into Dust

Bird York - In The Deep

Ryan Adams - Desire

The Vails - full album The Run Away Found but “The Now Here Man” is very special

Josh Ritter - Golden Age Of Radio (Acoustic, B-sides & extras) 

Gene Love Jezabel - Any Anxious Colors ( my long lasting demo song)

Chris Jones - Roadhouse & Automobiles (from Stockfish Records Germany ) full album

Alan Taylor - House by the River (Stockfish Records) full album  

Steve Strauss - Mr Bones (Stockfish Records)

If in need of more just ring the bell... lol I love acoustic music 

Edited by Hi-FiOutlaw
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi-FiOutlaw - thanks for the list, which I have used to create a Spotify playlist for me to have a listen later.  I found most of the suggestions with a few missing such as Bird York - In the Deep and Steve Strauss -Mr Bones.  They may be available but did not find them but as there is plenty of other stuff I did not spend to long looking.

I have attached the Spotify URL as this may be of some interest to others on the WAM.  Hope this works as it is the first time I have tried to share a playlist.

spotify:user:bycrikey:playlist:6cGptmD75JiqEAR1A1SDBw 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chrisph said:

Hi-FiOutlaw - thanks for the list, which I have used to create a Spotify playlist for me to have a listen later.  I found most of the suggestions with a few missing such as Bird York - In the Deep and Steve Strauss -Mr Bones.  They may be available but did not find them but as there is plenty of other stuff I did not spend to long looking.

I have attached the Spotify URL as this may be of some interest to others on the WAM.  Hope this works as it is the first time I have tried to share a playlist.

spotify:user:bycrikey:playlist:6cGptmD75JiqEAR1A1SDBw 

Hi chrisph, that was quite a work that you had on the play list. Nice idea to share in the forum as well. There is more a few songs I can add to the list. 

Once again very nice job! 🎼😎😍👌🍻🍻🍻

22 hours ago, Hi-FiOutlaw said:

What a great intro on “Diamonds on the soles of her shoes”, great sound stage on the W5s, great recording as well. It made me remember a very special album that you will love to hear on the Boenicke, Ry Cooder - A Meeting by the River.

If in need of more just ring the bell... lol I love acoustic music 

Some great music up there on your list, you have good taste... :^

Unless any one else is interested kindly PM me a long list. I need my musical horizons broadening. :D

• Haha 1

Hi parcelmonkey, glad I could help with my music taste, I like good music well recorded.

And since the Boenickes are with me, my favorite pass-time it’s been discovering old music that gain new live played thru them, like “Dust in the Wind” from Kansas, or “He ain’t Heavy. He’s my Brother” from Gotthard or even “Rush Rush” from Paula Abdul.

I’m just having a blast with this little devils called W5... 

Will make some additions to the list. 

All the best

Edited by Hi-FiOutlaw

Just found the Boenike owners club.

Well you can add me to those who own a pair, W8's in fact, i have had them just over a year now, they are like a good whisky, they improve with time.

I originally had them on the words of Mark at Elite Audio to listen to against my pair of Kef 203mk 2's, needless to say the W8's stayed, the Kef's now sit in storage,these will be out again soon as the lad has moved out and i get my attic room ,i had custom overhauled this for my music/hifi, but at the time his needs were greater than mine.

Music just pours from the W8's, any thing i've played they just do it,amazing imagery, in my small living room they go down deep enough, obviously nowhere near the Kef's,.

People have listed music to listen to, but for me i've to many to list, i'd have blisters from all they typing.

Now back to listening, after all that's what it's all about.

13 hours ago, Hi-FiOutlaw said:

Hi chrisph, that was quite a work that you had on the play list. Nice idea to share in the forum as well. There is more a few songs I can add to the list. 

Once again very nice job! 🎼😎😍👌🍻🍻🍻

Thanks and happy to add more to the list. 

Super Wammer
On 29/06/2018 at 09:24, greybeard said:

You are such a vinyl snob :D

I actually have more CDs but a lot of original vinyl before they closed all the record shops round here

• Like 1