Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

hifinutt

boenicke Owners Club

Super Wammer

Yes I love the place too. Think this will be my twelfth visit. I’m a wine merchant by trade and spend the evenings engaged in “research” in various restaurants vinho verde and the small clams you find on the Atlantic coast are one of those marriages made in heaven.

Apologies for hijacking the thread.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

It may be possible to franchise the Kegworth Experience internationally, starting with Portugal. You never know!

• Like 1

Right now I have a pair of new W8 in my car. :D

Just picked them up from the dealer.

• Like 2

Super Wammer
50 minutes ago, Vox said:

Right now I have a pair of new W8 in my car. :D

Just picked them up from the dealer.

wicked, allow time for run in, ideally 200 hours constantly at low volume.

Do NOT listen out of the box, won't impress (of course I know that you will be tempted :D )

Super Wammer

Hello VOX,

Welcome to the WAM and to Boenicke. Paul is quite right. They takes ages to really shine, I’m convinced mine are still improving 14 months down the line.

I have W8s too, if you love imaging and soundstage above all you will love them. They do not sound like two boxes producing music, instead the musicians are spread in front of you. 

Have fun and keep us posted.

17 hours ago, Maverick said:

wicked, allow time for run in, ideally 200 hours constantly at low volume.

Do NOT listen out of the box, won't impress (of course I know that you will be tempted :D )

I know I shouldn´t but last night I spent a number of hours listening to music. 9_9

16 hours ago, Richard A said:

Hello VOX,

Welcome to the WAM and to Boenicke. Paul is quite right. They takes ages to really shine, I’m convinced mine are still improving 14 months down the line.

I have W8s too, if you love imaging and soundstage above all you will love them. They do not sound like two boxes producing music, instead the musicians are spread in front of you. 

Have fun and keep us posted.

Thanks Richard!

It´s great to have a speaker that will gets better over time. Looking forward to many listening hours in my man cave.

This is how it looks right now. 

D5D0792A-7D53-4A5A-95D9-59984092E0CF.jpeg

• Like 1

They look fantastic. I have a pair of W5SEs and I am constantly impressed by how they sound.

What is the rest of your system?

Thanks,

Rob

Super Wammer

Hi Eric,

do fill out your profile, we are a nosy lot on here ;) 

Key to the best performance once run in is an amp that can throw plenty of current into 4 ohms, what are you using?

1 hour ago, Vox said:

I know I shouldn´t but last night I spent a number of hours listening to music. 9_9

:D about day 3 or 4 the bass will arrive, day 5 or 6 a truck will back up and deliver your sound stage, if can run them 24x7 even at very low volume (I have run 2 pairs in so I know)

cheers, Paul

My profile is updated.

The monoblocks I use (Eximus S1) gives 500 W in 8 ohm. So I think there will be enough power, or?

Super Wammer

will sound great I'm sure!

A cannot imagine you would need more than 500w. I am sure they sound astounding. 

As others have said the do take a long time to break in although they do sound wonderful out of the box.

Super Wammer
3 minutes ago, HouseElf said:

A cannot imagine you would need more than 500w. I am sure they sound astounding. 

As others have said the do take a long time to break in although they do sound wonderful out of the box.

Sven says up to 1000wpc, very precise :D 

• Like 1