I'd like to take this opportunity now that my hands have thawed out to say a big thank you for the warm welcome shown by so many to my friend Clive and myself. The welcome received even on the Saturday evening (despite a certain score line) made the effort of biking over from Northern Ireland very worth while. We enjoyed the whole experience tremendously and I reckon it has cemented our desire to exhibit ourselves sometime and show you all what we have been up to DIY wise as well. 
I'd to thank every one involved, organisers and exhibitor alike, I think you need to be there to appreciate the huge commitment involved, we take our proverbial hats off to each and every one of you.
Finally a more personal thank you to Raphael and his wife Sally (not sure of his wammer moniker) also to Jeff and Chris (Oldius and Son) for their extended hospitality and sheer good company throughout the weekend, it was very much appreciated.
'til we meet again.
Thank You
Mike and Clive
It was our pleasure. So nice to meet people who share our impeccable taste!

Just finished setting the gear back up at home. Everything appears to have survived the journey and the judgement.

I didn't get to hear all that much this year, but I did manage to pop next door for a quick blast of the reels and Rogers. Always my stars of the show.

I also loved Steve57's gear. Such subtlety from those monstrous cones! 

Thanks to everyone who lent a trolley, shared a pint, watched the gear, offered a lift with that, had a chat, played me their music, tolerated mine, or just poked their head round the door. No thanks to the weather, the shortness of the day, or the bloke who spent 20 minutes telling me his turntable was better than mine.

Biggest thanks, obvs, to the people who made it all happen. Roll on next year.

• Upvote 1

Just wanted to add my thanks to Peter, Danny and their team for a fabulous weekend albeit a little quieter than we'd all hoped.

It was good to meet up with everyone who exhibited and I'm thankful to those that managed to get to the venue and popped their heads in and sat and listened for a wee while on Sunday.

I had a great time until I wandered around some of the rooms and had to slink back to mine and lock the door! No, seriously, you guys rock, I absolutely enjoyed every system that I listened to, so thanks to you all for making a cold weekend an unforgettable one! 

I'm already looking forward to next year's Kegworth show.......

• Upvote 3

I really enjoyed the show, as always. Had to make a couple of visits to Oldius and sons room. Those Yamaha’ are brilliant. Don’t think I heard a bad system. Nice to see Diverse Vinyl at the show. Now got another music shopping list following all the Shazams.  I didn’t expect to buy a new subwoofer while I was there though. 

Steve

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Steveparadox said:

I really enjoyed the show, as always. Had to make a couple of visits to Oldius and sons room. Those Yamaha’ are brilliant. Don’t think I heard a bad system. Nice to see Diverse Vinyl at the show. Now got another music shopping list following all the Shazams.  I didn’t expect to buy a new subwoofer while I was there though. 

Steve

Steve,

That's really nice of you thank you. We have had some really nice feedback and it really is appreciated. The Yamahas have been recapped to original specification but they are so incredibly revealing that you have to get the rest of the system right. I have tried several amps, and I know people say they respond well to valves, but the Lentek is a superb match, providing the power and subtlety that the Yamaha's need. The Technics DAC provides an incredible signal and I have no intention of replacing any of my current gear: I have sold a stack of more expensive stuff to end up here. 

If you are ever bored of the Technics DAC, I still want first refusal.

I don't know why I didn't pop in and have a listen of the system to be honest. I too don't run my pair of Yams on valves, but hearing my friend's Dad's Leak Stereo 20 on his NS1000s when we took it to him to be inspected/tested was quite an eye opener. Not enough of an eye opener for me to want to go down the valve route as I was very aware we were listening on completely different sources in an unusual room, but even so.

Good to have a quick chat with you towards the end of the show, too. 

The Technics DAC is one I am blessed to own Craig. When I think that it is 23 years old and has blown away all the other DAC's I have had in my system, I really can appreciate the investment that Technics made at the time, trying to show the world what they could do, and producing, with the other Japanese companies, statement pieces that are still relevant today.

19 minutes ago, oldius said:

The Technics DAC is one I am blessed to own Craig. When I think that it is 23 years old and has blown away all the other DAC's I have had in my system, I really can appreciate the investment that Technics made at the time, trying to show the world what they could do, and producing, with the other Japanese companies, statement pieces that are still relevant today.

It sounded brilliant, it might even be my favourite :^

22 hours ago, oldius said:

Steve,

That's really nice of you thank you. We have had some really nice feedback and it really is appreciated. The Yamahas have been recapped to original specification but they are so incredibly revealing that you have to get the rest of the system right. I have tried several amps, and I know people say they respond well to valves, but the Lentek is a superb match, providing the power and subtlety that the Yamaha's need. The Technics DAC provides an incredible signal and I have no intention of replacing any of my current gear: I have sold a stack of more expensive stuff to end up here. 

It was sounding very good. Made me smile suggesting Dire Straits and ending up with Crowded House. 

It was sounding very good. Made me smile suggesting Dire Straits and ending up with Crowded House. 

My apologies, Dire Straits are not up my alley but we got there!

On 3/21/2018 at 21:48, craigmclellan said:

If you are ever bored of the Technics DAC, I still want first refusal.

I don't know why I didn't pop in and have a listen of the system to be honest. I too don't run my pair of Yams on valves, but hearing my friend's Dad's Leak Stereo 20 on his NS1000s when we took it to him to be inspected/tested was quite an eye opener. Not enough of an eye opener for me to want to go down the valve route as I was very aware we were listening on completely different sources in an unusual room, but even so.

Good to have a quick chat with you towards the end of the show, too. 

My Yam's sounded really good on valves mate. Better than with the 750, and I love that amp. 

11 hours ago, bandit pilot said:

My Yam's sounded really good on valves mate. Better than with the 750, and I love that amp. 

I'm going to be taking the Yams to the same friend's home so his Dad can try them out. I get messages every now and then asking me to sell them. harv and his Mrs get first refusal, ultimately, if I do go down that path.

If Sony did a valve amp with red side panels, I'd have one.

• Like 1

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

Ok I'm on ..

Huge thanks to Peter & Dan and the team, hard work for sure to setup a show that ran excellently(snow not good). It was great to meet up with you Wammers and thanks for a warm welcome, it felt a little strange for me being a 'seller' 'Lateral 'and arriving into a world of audio experts ;-). Great systems and real audio kit on show all round. Special thanks from me to Non smoking guy, and the room opposite, Snell setup, and next door but one to me 104 Usher chap, sorry it was a blast and names have unfortunately gone, but please let me know. Massive thanks to all who gave me feedback on the stand designs especially a real friendly guy from Lincoln, great comments btw. I'm happy to say I have already reacted to your comments and this has evolved a new design of the 4/3 and an improvement to the 1/3, listening tests so far are very promising.

Final and special thanks to Valve guy who sold me a 1/2 of a pork pie & pickle, kept me going all day, great stuff. 

Enjoy the music

Thanks Kev

Edited by Kevin Hancock

Super Wammer

I don't want to put a sour note on the event. But having checked through again I have definitely had at least 2 LPs nicked. Leaves a bad taste when you have gone to all that effort. So I've exhibited twice but that will do.

Dave

• Sad 10

48 minutes ago, slavedata said:

I don't want to put a sour note on the event. But having checked through again I have definitely had at least 2 LPs nicked. Leaves a bad taste when you have gone to all that effort. So I've exhibited twice but that will do.

Dave

Not at all Dave thats terrible and very disappointing . Whoever did that deserves all the bad luck we are mentally sending  them