Thanks for the feedback Rob too. It is great when people enjoy the music and gear.

2 minutes ago, oldius said:

Thanks for the feedback Rob too. It is great when people enjoy the music and gear.

The track you played while I was in there really worked, it grabbed me, one of those moments :^

1 minute ago, freefallrob said:

The track you played while I was in there really worked, it grabbed me, one of those moments :^

If you'd stayed for more than one track you would have realised that every one was like that!

A really good day out, the new venue is so much easier to navigate. Perhaps on entry, half the people could be advised to start at the top and work down to help manage congestion and let the folks upstairs see more people early on.

The rooms were better than Scalford with little noise pollution from adjacent rooms.

As usual is was interesting to see all the differing sources and systems from those with just a few components to those with lots of boxes and huuuuge speaker cables. But the key thing is the audio result from all the above and everyone should be proud of their achievement.

I cetainly found a few systems which especially floated my boat and during the day was introduced to lots of new music so a double win!

Some special thanks:

Bencat - for the generous donation

Bandit Pilot  - for letting me play a whole side of an album, sound was divine.

Andy 360  - for his Frugal Horns, so much from a 2.5 inch driver!

Adamk - great system

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brucer2 said:

for letting me play a whole side of an album

Which album was that, Bruce? Chances are if it lasted a whole side I'll be wanting it myself :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bandit pilot said:

Which album was that, Bruce? Chances are if it lasted a whole side I'll be wanting it myself :D

Allman Brothers Live at Fillmore East

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, brucer2 said:

Allman Brothers Live at Fillmore East

I'm going to be significantly poorer after this weekend. That album and a couple that @harv introduced me too will lighten my wallet.

17 hours ago, Bourney said:

Gotta say the Dalis sounded absolutely brilliant. Should have kept mine and pimped them.

One of my favourite rooms. Thank you for the effort you went to. The music is really what matters and your flyer was brilliant. Thanks. Marcus Miller at full tilt in the hot seat was a true highlight. 👍🏻

Edited by mothroth

8 hours ago, Fourlegs said:

Room  216

C105710E-E412-4C6F-8A6E-D82C8FF83799.thumb.jpeg.01aa55ce9d1a76470a0f7805b14fe99e.jpeg

Ive seen a better photo of the show, but not heard a better system at it.

• Like 2

A couple of hours into the trek North...thanks to Peter and Danny & helpers for making it all possible. Had an excellent weekend and looking forward to the next one.

Oh yeah, one highlight was the vinyl-like performance of Rick's CD player. I'd pay numerous pounds for that, like, maybe 6 or 7.

Super Wammer
31 minutes ago, craigmclellan said:

Oh yeah, one highlight was the vinyl-like performance of Rick's CD player. I'd pay numerous pounds for that, like, maybe 6 or 7.

Sorry, Craig, which CD player was that, please?

1 minute ago, vintageaxeman said:

Sorry, Craig, which CD player was that, please?

Not the one that cost a paltry 15k by any chance...?

Super Wammer
9 hours ago, Non-Smoking Man said:

Ive seen a better photo of the show, but not heard a better system at it.

Jack, Thanks.

I got back last night, had my own curry cooked by Mrs Fourlegs and was in bed by 9.30 absolutely knackered.

The previous two days I had mostly been making new cables into the early hours to suit the Dalis and some new XLR cables to go between the Dave and the Pass Labs amp plus various new power cables. My system was quite simple so goodness knows what some of you other guys had to take cable wise.

Safe journey back today for all those who stayed over.

5aaf8a0aa8202_Kegworth216Cables.thumb.jpg.8f84b860f086f962a7804301541fb2b4.jpg

Edited by Fourlegs
spelling
  • Upvote 2

I had a very enjoyable first attempt at exhibiting and try to fly the flag for omnidirectional speakers. 

Saturday night was great with the opportunity to wonder around with a whiskey in hand checking out others set ups. Sunday’s footfall was constant enough make Sunday most enjoyable and it was great to meet so many nice people.

well done to all those who helped make it a success.

just the painful job of the rebuild left now...

ADF994BC-A20C-482B-84CD-2DE21677C126.jpeg

2F28477C-EB7E-4FAA-AD8F-50A0DD26B887.jpeg

Edited by Knipester
  • Like 3