Well done to everyone, I enjoyed babysitting Andy's stuff in 220 and mooching about the rooms. Everything I heard today was great, for me the best show so far in terms of listening pleasure. I think it's fair to say that by the law of averages there are some rooms you come out of having not enjoyed the setup or the tunes etc. Not so this year, didn't hear one thing I didn't like.  In fact everything was so good I couldn't  really pick out any standout rooms either. Well done everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, batteredhaggis said:

Someone call the korma police...

Those spec sheets look impressive - hope your curry measures well :^

Cheers lads, raising a glass at you.

We will be kormatose later...

• Haha 1

Just now, orangeart said:

best show so far in terms of listening pleasure.

Yes I agree , there didn't seem any noise pollution from other rooms .

What a wonderful weekend!  I enjoyed it thoroughly. Met some Wammers I knew from Harrogate show, and some new acquaintences.  Enjoyed babysitting the rooms for Occasional Thinker and HoopsOnToast.

So many really good systems to enjoy.  Daves's (Occ.Think.) room was a delght.  The 80's Revox speakers sounded really good, I could easily have lived with that system.  So many came and listened and made positive comments.

Babysitting for Hoops was a scary affair, as he didn't tell me that someone was coming to his room to take an Audio Research Pre and Power out of their boxes and take them away!  Still all was well.  The system sounded really good and it was great to play my Zappa tracks in several rooms, not just the ones where I was in charge.

Raphael from PFM also played my dsd files of Kind Of Blue and Dire Straits. 

Sorry, Andrew, for subjecting you to 18mins of minimalism with Terry Riley.  You were magnanimous in your comments. Cd sounded great, it was a pity about the wifi dropouts.

• Like 3

Didn’t get any picture apart from one in my own room.

Thanks to everyone who visited us and for all the great comments.

4_B5378_CB_BD9_C_46_DA_ACA5_ED9_AB3_E4_A

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Just home and unpacked. We had room 121 on the first floor. The shallow and short staircases made lifting heavy gear to your room a breeze. The proximity of the lift to the reception was also helpful.  Parking very close to the entrance was spot on and the location is definitely easily accessible from the North and South. The rooms were slightly larger than Scalford, which was a bonus,  though there was also more furniture in rooms which impinged on the usable space. Any removals were also done by the exhibitors and I did miss the room sweep in the morning!

I thought the venue was excellent and I am certain that without the extreme weather, the show would have more than met attendance expectations. As it was, we still had four of five people in the room for most of the day and several repeat visitors. It was lovely to see so many familiar faces too. With my mod hat off, I thought it was great!

Edited by oldius
  • Upvote 2

Just got to my PC after the journey home with Edd.

Sonically, I've not heard a better show - the rooms work much better with hifi gear in them than most of the Scalford rooms. Highlights were, without hesitation, The Reel BBC's room with the Rogers LS5/8s, Quad signal splitting amps and the reel to reel machines, followed by the guy who was running the active powered Philips MFB 545 speakers - great fun.

All things considered, as a punter, I thoroughly enjoyed the show and it was fantastic looking at the program, finding a system I wanted to hear and being able to find it without having to run through the maze, which was, Scalford Hall. I hope it was a success for everyone involved.

Definitely will put my name down to exhibit some other stuff next year.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Hi everybody great show,  have to agree the sounds this year were by far the best I've heard over the years and the venue is much easier to get to from most places. Hope the weather is better for next year.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, vintageaxeman said:

On the nearest speaker, what is the little chrome fronted box please? I thought your vinyl setup was the best sound I heard today. Cheers, David

That is my Roon server. And Thank you David. Also Thank you to TIU (Gary) for handing over his phono stage at such short notice!

Vintage Philips 545 Studio monitors, Philips CD104 and GIK Acoustics panels.

Philips 545.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, markkelsall said:

Philips 545.jpg

Enjoyed your room plenty. Thanks for letting Edd play the noodly jazz.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, markkelsall said:

Philips 545.jpg

Now they are some funky ass panels. In an alternate reality, I often imagine I am some kind of Barry White figure, patrolling my infinity pool in a cream linen suit and Cuban heels, while an orchestra follows my every move. My mansion is mainly purple and glitter, a little like Prince's undies, and my chest hair could easily be formed into an elaborate comb-over, such is its silkiness, and strength. The reality is that I am a bald, middle-aged white man but I do believe that those panels could take me some way towards walrus nirvana. I shall monitor with interest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

A huge THANK YOU to the organisers and wammers that made today happen, I know what a huge amount of work it is, and we appreciate it! Amy and I really enjoyed the day guys. As usual I forgot to do loads of stuff I should have 9_9.

Needless to say you were all my favourite rooms (as Amy kindly pointed out!).

3 minutes ago, freefallrob said:

A huge THANK YOU to the organisers and wammers that made today happen, I know what a huge amount of work it is, and we appreciate it! Amy and I really enjoyed the day guys. As usual I forgot to do loads of stuff I should have 9_9.

You're very welcome!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, freefallrob said:

That was hilarious. Amy, you're a star!