Cable Monkey

Formula 1 2018

Good(ish) news! It's just been announced that Channel 4 will continue to show F1 highlights next year, that's better than I was hoping for, I feared they would end up on Pick in SD, at least I can get them in HD on C4 :)

• Upvote 1

On 11/09/2018 at 13:14, DiamondJoe said:

As for Singapore, I think Vettel's going to walk it, Kimi probably next up and maybe the Dutch wonderboy in third, Hamilton will be a distant 4th or 5th, maybe worse.

Hm, what do I know?!

Whatever you do, DO NOT take betting tips from me :whistle:

• Haha 1

Excellent result for Hamilton

• Upvote 1

Go Lewis, go Lewis! :close::D

Perez, what a twat, only hit two drivers purposely, including his team mate.. :clout:

• Upvote 1

Yes...and giving him a drive through penalty when he was 3rd from last anyway was hardly a deterrent

• Upvote 1

On 16/09/2018 at 16:13, Devil said:

Go Lewis, go Lewis! :close::D

Perez, what a twat, only hit two drivers purposely, including his team mate.. :clout:

I wouldn't go as far as calling Checo a twat but he did need a punch in the face for his actions in Singapore, I excuse the second corner, I genuinely don't think he expected Ocon to be there and was probably concentrating on Grosjean trying to jump him on his left, I don't think Checo was looking to his right at all. As in previous incidents I blame the team for not telling them who was around them at the start, I think they use spotters in American racing it can't be that hard to use them in F1, surely?

On a slightly related note, I fear that Sebastian Ocon (and Stoffel Vandoorne) will be without a drive in F1 next year - in fact someone on another forum said that Ocon admitted he'll take no further part in this season, utterly shocking if true - F1 needs to take a long hard look at itself if this is the case. Unlike so many other people I don't blame Stroll too much, he's a half decent driver who's used his father's money to jump the queue a bit, I think the real problem is that there just aren't enough teams, quite how we're going to solve that is beyond me and many other people I suspect.

Three cars per team, perhaps restricted to the works cars, top two score in the constructors championship. This will open up seats to drivers with potential to be tested and gives the top teams an opportunity to trawl the talent pool if they wish. 

I think Perez carries the can for both collisions at Singapore. He and Ocon come together too often for it to be coincidence. He is definitely trying to bully Ocon into not daring to put his car too close. Ultimately the team have to back the driver with the money. The second collision deserved more than the resulting penalty. 

A Sky monopoly on live F1 is not great for me. I would like to subscribe to F1 only, I think that is not unreasonable.

• Upvote 1

I haven’t watched yet but the scenes at the end were awkward between the two Mercedes drivers. It would be nice, if the two titles could be secured, to see a win gifted back to Valtteri. 

Is it too soon to suggest Ferrari are looking to next year already, if not in pit lane then at the factory?

• Upvote 1

I think Lewis has done that before, so there’s no reason that he wouldn’t return the favour once the title is sewn up..

Super Wammer

We may find if things continue as they have been the last few races and Seb continues to buckle under pressure that the title will be settled this weekend in the US . If lewis wins than Seb has to come second or Lewis can not be caught .

Hopefully if this happens then we can see Valteri get his head for the final rounds and show what he can do .

• Upvote 1

I think Ferrari will push the boat out to try and reverse the trend. It wouldn’t surprise me if they are fast this weekend. And I am not sure Lewis has enough engine left either. I have a feeling he may be forced to take a new PU this weekend. I may be wrong but I think he has been nursing his engine for a couple of races.

I understand that Ferrari's mid season pace, Silverstone, Spa etc was due to a serious engine upgrade that the other teams queried as it was so great.  The FIA investigated and put an additional sensor on the Ferrari engine to make sure it was conforming to rules. 

The additional performance magically disappeared.

• Upvote 3

That’s correct, afaik it was something to do with how the battery’s power was utilised in acceleration out of corners. 

Good to see Alfa Romeo back in F1 or Formula 1, teaming up with Sauber. They started out making racing cars long  before their first road legal car. One of their most famous racing drivers was non other than Enzo Ferrari.

This is the current race car:

image.jpeg.c50144daa745ea9b02d82b9b5659bce1.jpeg

Edited by plasticpenguin