3 Kimi RÄIKKÖNEN FIN FERRARI Ferrari car 116
4 Daniel RICCIARDO AUS RED BULL RACING Red Bull Racing car 106
5 Valtteri BOTTAS FIN MERCEDES Mercedes car 104
6 Max VERSTAPPEN NED RED BULL RACING Red Bull Racing car 93
7 Nico HULKENBERG GER RENAULT Renault car 42
8 Fernando ALONSO ESP MCLAREN McLaren car 40
9 Kevin MAGNUSSEN DEN HAAS Haas car 39
10 Carlos SAINZ ESP RENAULT Renault car 28

Valterri underperforming IMO.  But to be honest the whole Mercedes team have not had a good year and a lot is due to strategy.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

frankly for quite a number of races stratagey and reaction to changing situations for Mecerdes has been awful . Thye are now cost Lewis and the team points . Not sure why they are so slow to react and why they seem to get the strategy so wrong .

And as if by magic, their fortunes change. I say fortunes and not canny judgement. I think they may have used up an entire seasons luck in the way that race evolved.

Super Wammer

Watched the race this morning. What a turn around. I thought it was good of Bottas to congratulate Lewis so enthusiastically in parc ferme. He would have like to have come in first for a change.

Super Wammer

What was going on with that come in stay out incident at the end ? As Lewis did win the race in the end not a disaster but it must have been a bit nervous when attending the stewards meeting after the race.

So much excitement in that race and so many instances when it could have been so different . Vettel has shown yet again that when he is under pressure he can and will make errors in the past he has got away with some of them but on Sunday he was really punished hard for a very small error.

Bottas and Raikonen while not that happy inside acted as good team players and this I am sure will not have gone unappreciated by the management of both teams and could result in both drivers being retained for next year .

Bottas already has his new contract! ;)

Bottas stays because Hamilton wants him and Mercedes are very much in the business of keeping Hamilton happy.

Raikonen is in a tougher position. I presume Vettel wants him but Ferrari may now be of the opinion they need to put a rocket up his arse rather than pander to him. Bringing in fresh talent may push Vettel and more consistently stick a car between the polesitter and their closest rivals.