graham67

Multi region DVD hack for Panasonic DMP-BD84

Apparently there is a handset hack for multiregion DVD for the Panasonic DMP-BD84 player but I cant find it any info the web. 

Does anyone know of a site that may help?  

Super Wammer

Do any of these work for you, Graham?

https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/panasonic-dmp-bd80/10079

Players intended for the the UK market are not multi region. However, there are sellers, who sell non UK versions of the same model, that are multi region. Sometimes, hacks can be found but it is harder to find these for newer models. Hack remotes can be found on ebay for about £15. However, this solution may not be best for your parents.It may have been best to have payed a bit more for a multi region version.

18 minutes ago, heavenknows said:

It may have been best to have payed a bit more for a multi region version.

hehe yes I am forced to agree 9_9

However the hack remote looks an interesting option.  Thanks for the tip!

I had no idea this region thing was still going on or is it only for older players ?

I thought region coding had disappeared years ago too.  However it seems to have made a comeback and some modern machines are much harder to circumvent and even need chips changing.

Bazzer, the stock EU version of your Oppo UDP-205 is not multi region. However, multi region non EU versions are available for about £100 more than the stock version. So as you you can see it is not just older players.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, heavenknows said:

Bazzer, the stock EU version of your Oppo UDP-205 is not multi region. However, multi region non EU versions are available for about £100 more than the stock version. So as you you can see it is not just older players.

Can't see the point of having regional players , something to do with movie copy write ?

Super Wammer
On 09/03/2018 at 08:47, graham67 said:

Hi Gizza,

yes I tried those thanks but with no success.  I think these maybe for older players that were easier to hack.

but thanks for digging this up :)

You're welcome, Graham, pity it didn't give you the solution. 

i got a hack remote off eBay for £12/13 and it works perfectly.  Thanks again for the advice - very happy 😊 

• Like 1

Super Wammer
21 hours ago, graham67 said:

i got a hack remote off eBay for £12/13 and it works perfectly.  Thanks again for the advice - very happy 😊 

Brilliant! Great result.

On 09/03/2018 at 16:26, Bazzer said:

Can't see the point of having regional players , something to do with movie copy write ?

Yes. To do with the sale of movies/TV series being licensed regionally rather that globally I think.

• Upvote 1