Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

Wednesday 28th FEB day time. Short notice bake off weather permitting!

My thanks to Rob too, for an excellent day - very nice curry - and to David for tracks from his bargain jazz albums and more expensive direct-cut blues. Certainly a varied and enjoyable selection of music through the day, a good way to relax while the storms blew through.

Travel was interesting, but no problems overall.

• Like 1

Thanks for a very enjoyable day guys, sorry a had to pop out have way through to retrieve the kids from a closing school:doh:.

Dave (occasional thinker) deserves some kind of special SNOW award for making it through the weather from Sheffield to Derby and back to Swanwick and home again, dedication that!

Curry was mainly Donna with some chicken input from me, glad you enjoyed it, i've had it for tea too...

Enjoyed nearly all the 'music' ;-). Pleased you enjoyed the direct cut blues Dave.

Edited by Guest

"Enjoyed nearly all the music".  xD

Actually I should thank Dave for the lovely pies and pasty, Donna was very excited when she got home :D, and Dad for the Toblerone, it's nearly all gone now :doh:.

10 minutes ago, Hap Hazzard said:

"Enjoyed nearly all the music".  xD

I really did, Dave and Dave brought some great folk selections :^ (mainly).

Try tracks 2 & 3 of  

I like them, but I can see Rob's point

5 minutes ago, occasional thinker said:

Try tracks 2 & 3 of  

I shall :^

This also got a mixed reaction

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, occasional thinker said:

This also got a mixed reaction

I enjoyed that, I honestly did :D

Rosie doggy has a new friend anyway, Dave is the besterest person in the world and he had lots of cuddles and kisses :D. She is sulking now you have left her :(.

Edited by Guest

Rosie is lovely, and very kindly made sure that I was clean and well-licked

I'm well aware that my tastes in music can be a bit odd :D Great afternoon!

• Haha 1

Mr. Occ Think .has a more eclectic taste amazingly than even me . His ' Punk style Classical' was outside my experience . Rather good too. . So our offerings did stretch the host a little.  I'd like to justify choices as due to 'maturity 'but opinions are likely to vary on the validity of that and might tend more towards an explanation arising from less flattering causation.          Robs system coped well with well recorded genre and showed up the deficiencies in lesser quality sources just as a good hifi should - enabling us to ' look into' the sound stages . Very enjoyable all round.

• Like 2

Super Wammer

sorry I couldn't make it, however I pulled the big red lever yesterday so will be more available in 3 months, in fact I need to visit a mate soon who is just the other side of the A38 so will let you know when to put the kettle on :D

53 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I pulled the big red lever yesterday

Congratulations! 

56 minutes ago, Maverick said:

sorry I couldn't make it, however I pulled the big red lever yesterday so will be more available in 3 months, in fact I need to visit a mate soon who is just the other side of the A38 so will let you know when to put the kettle on :D

Nice one mate:^ I bet that's a bit of a relief, congratulations, see you soon :D.

Super Wammer
3 minutes ago, freefallrob said:

Nice one mate:^ I bet that's a bit of a relief, congratulations, see you soon :D.

it is, just the record and kit budget to agree with SWMBO ;) 

5 minutes ago, occasional thinker said:

Congratulations! 

cheers

Red lever? I was thinking - Jeremy as in Corbin !  Oh ---retirement from gainful employment.    Believe me - it's hard work retiring and all pay out not in!    Tips - keep your money safe  and try not to spend it ? Seems a lot now but in twenty years time it will be worth little. And get at least two engrossing hobbies .Hifi plus something crafty and something that gets you out ( gardening? Councillor? Computer / coding teaching for silver surfers/ university of the third age U3A  whatever ) . See u at Keggy.