I know that here is a wealth of information about Kondo kit amongst WAM member so I was wondering if you could share you experiences of the SUT's that Audio note Japan/Kondo made. In particular, the AN-S7c/AN-S7cz and the AN-S6c/AN-6cz. I assume that the difference between the c and the cz lies purely in the captive cables. and that the obvious differences between the 6 and the 7 is in their functionality.

I am interested to know if there were any significant non obvious design differrences (apart from the function requirement) and more imortantly if people have been able to compare them with each other or with the Kondo KSL SUT

Regards

Peter

Best Avatar this side of peachyforum Peter. What's the question again?

Ok.......has anybody compared the different Audionote/Kondo SUT. From the AN-S7 through to the KSL. What differences have they noticedB|

Bearing in mind how much these things cost, it isn't that likely anyone outside of the trade would be able to make direct comparisons.

There's an old thread about these SUTs but you'll have to search for it. Off the top of my head I think the S7 was lower than the S6 in the pecking order, and there was some issue with the switching in the S6 which was rationalised or improved or removed in the later KSL model. But I could be wrong. Pretty sure the old wam bunch had some experience: maybe Montesquieu over on AoS can help - he certainly had an S6c at one time and rated it?

Thanks Jazid

Yes the S7 was earlier than the other two I mentioned. It had a lot of flexibility regarding gain and loading. The later S6 reduced the switching and the KSL even more so. There was an earlier SUT that actually had the loading options labelled for the cartridges available at the time. I have posted the quesxtion on another forum to see if i get a response.

I can only comment on the s6, as I've never compared it to the others. It's been here a long time which kind of says a lot with the amount of swapping about I do.