Sign in to follow this  
mikedefacto

Pink Triangle LPT

I have a chance to buy a Pink Triangle LPT turntable in alleged good condition and perfect working order (blah blah) including a Goldring 1042 cart w/ v little use and an RB250 arm. The price is £300. I intend to pay on collection so will be able to inspect it before I part with my money.

Is this a good buy? What I want to know is... although I'm sure this setup will give me great enjoyment for a while I most likely would want to tinker about a little. So my main question is whether the turntable is good enough as a base for superior arms/carts etc. I know a great deal of performance should be squeezed out of what's there at the moment.... but you know how it is when you want to start playing :D

Super Wammer

if it is in good nick it's a good price, change the rega weight for Mr Michell technoweight and the arm will carry a wide range of carts, especially if you have the arm rewired at some point http://www.michell-engineering.co.uk/pic/acc/michell_tecnoweight.jpg

I also have a pair of Technics SL-1200s and have looked extensively into the Rega arm mods, but thanks for the info:)

I want a hi fi turntable tooas I want to split my system up into2... a"work" set up and a normal one so when I move again I can put my PC and the 1200s etc and all the bloody records into another room and not clutter up the living room ;)

I heard a LPT in the early 90s. I recall it was a lovely little deck, very musical.

Buy it!... It was the only deck I ever heard that I thought sounded more 'musical' than the rock, whilst retaining the pace and openness I love about that deck. Sonically, brill...act now. Fragility has apparently been an issue, but at that price you can get it looked over and tarted up and still be laughing.

Here's the ad.:

PINK triangle export turntable, Rega tonearm & audio technica moving coil cartridge, electronic speed change, suspension, exc cond, cost new over £1000, will sell for only £400.01225 766792 NC Trowbridge.

Cheers SCM.