Sign in to follow this  
bohemian

Tunes day/evening

Hi guys,

I am a newbie at this lark and have not the facilities for a proper 'bake-off' with swapping gear etc, but would like to host a tunes day/evening at some point.

No dates set in stone as yet, and being in a small flat, I can only manage 3-4 guests.

Ideally I would guys to listen to my system and offer suggestions for improvement (especially regarding room interaction, as the room is very small and I would like to get the best from what I have").

Location is close to Junction 3 of the M4 (5 mins).

My first question is would anyone be interested?  The only days I could not manage are Thursday and Sunday.  I can provide a meal.

I do not use vinyl at all, just cds and usb files.

Equipment is AR CD5, Primaluna Dialogue Premium Pre, Primaluna Prologue 7 monoblocs, Tannoy Stirling SE with tannoy supertweeters.  Add a laptop and Wyred4Sound dac2v2 for flac files. (JRiver)

Would there be any interest?

Chris

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

fantastic idea chris , wish you were nearer to me and i would be over in a shot . i am sure a number will be interested with the great love of tannoys and valves 

Shame you are so far away, I would have loved to have listened to those Tannoy's.

Definitely interested.

Thanks to Wizmax and Orbscure for spending some time at chezbo today and listening to some tunes. I appreciated your comng and your comments.

It was great to get to know you somewhat and put faces/names and forum names together.  These tune/offs are brilliant.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Its my pleasure Chris... really appreciate you and Janice making us feel so welcome and great to chew the musical fat with you and enjoy your super system. Your Primaluna pre and power combination works superbly with the Tannoy Sterling SE's, not an ounce of flabbiness, just an extremely enjoyable listen... (and great cake too)  :) 

Edited by orbscure

I echo Pete's observations above, it was a pleasure to listen to a well balanced system in the company of a host with a very broad depth of musical knowledge and the understanding to put together a system capable of playing a wide range of musical styles and genres in a cohesive and thoroughly enjoyable manner.

• Upvote 1

Just a bump to see if anyone else is interested in a visit.  Millennium and I are fixing up a convenient day and time, so I'll post when finalized.

Thanks all.

Just let me know if weekday or weekend works best for you.  I am free most days and it seems Millennium is also free atm.

Weekdays, only Thursday evenings may be problematical unless I get another hospital appointment!

Any day apart from Sundays is generally fine with me as I know longer work,can bring along the DSP if you wish.

Let's start negotiations with any Wednesday in March is ok with me.  7th and 14th are pre-Kegworth and 21st and 28th are post-.Kegworth.

On 1/20/2018 at 19:02, bohemian said:

Thanks to Wizmax and Orbscure for spending some time at chezbo today and listening to some tunes. I appreciated your comng and your comments.

It was great to get to know you somewhat and put faces/names and forum names together.  Tffs are brilliant.hese tune/o

Good on you Chris. I've hosted many a weekday night tunes session and have to say I prefer that format to a day of lugging heavy kit in and out the rack. 

I am blessed with numbers when it comes to local wammers though. Seems there's more than a few around here that are free after work.