stewartld

Upgrading after 18 years...but it still sounds great

Super Wammer

Roon through an Auralic Aries Mini sounds fantastic even compared to the vinyl front end costing 10 x the price in the same system/room. Was not controlled by a MAC though. The Mini is not too spendy at £500.

The first thought ought to be how much can I get for my current speakers and how much cash do I have to put down to better their sound in my room? That will give better results on all sources.

If the answer you reach is is too spendy for you  keep the sepakers as there is nothing wrong with them but Proac / Kudos/Neat do some much better ones of similar size after 18 years. You may not like the  new cost though.  I heard the Studios at home but much preferred the Response range of that vintage  but you will only get them second hand now.

Once you have settled on the speakers concentrate on your streaming/DAC source. I would forget about the amps at this stage as they are more than capable.

Super Wammer

The Bluesound Node2 has an IOS app and the unit also has native MQA aswell as running NAS and most music streaming services + Internet radio.