MartinC

Subwoofer Integration: an interesting article

4 hours ago, MartinC said:

I suspect I may be picking your brains on the subject at some time in the future if that's OK? Right now my initial idea of tentatively considering adding a sub to my systems has (interestingly) spiraled somewhat into a much larger project! I have a a whole house to decorate/furnish at the moment as well though so this will be a long/slow project for me, so don't hold your breath for any rapid progress. 

Happy to help - if I can and I understand completely.  It took me 8 months of researching and working on my speakers before I heard them make a single sound.  Rome wasn't built in a day, as they say.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, barneys dad said:

IF and its a big IF, you are serious about a sub, theres one sure fire way to go, Velodyne

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Velodyne-DD12-Gloss-black/173075272907?hash=item284c1714cb:g:3PsAAOSwTQtaTiYv

yeah, I would love one. But a 10 would suit me better. There is a guy actually selling a 10 on ebay as well, but he wants too much (way more than that 12) and won't come down. These things are last generation subs but hopefully nothing goes wrong with them. Or you really do have a boat anchor.

1 hour ago, eddie-baby said:

These things are last generation subs but hopefully nothing goes wrong with them. Or you really do have a boat anchor.

That would partly be my concern, although I've not looked into long term reliability of the older Velodynes. 13 years ago a DD12 would definitely be something I wanted but I'm a little less sure now. I've certainly read various forum post from people upgrading from these older models and they also include room correction that potentially I don't need. I won't be rushing to buy the current one on eBay anyway.