Lurch

Lurchs Early Spring Southcoast Gathering. Sunday 4th of March. Chichester W Sussex.

Can bring along the balanced power tranny,would be interesting to compare to the power inspired.

Super Wammer
44 minutes ago, GJO said:

Can bring along the balanced power tranny,would be interesting to compare to the power inspired.

Go for it Graham 

On 2/9/2018 at 15:14, bigfool1956 said:

I've lost the plot - what amp(s) do we have to drive the Audiovectors?

I'll bring my LFD PA2 (60 watts solid state) as another option. Its decent.

J

On 2/9/2018 at 22:38, batteredhaggis said:

If you mean the 'Plenis', then no, unless it's that or a Behringer. That makes me wonder, put such an amp on the end of P3ESRs and you have a Harbinger of Doom.

No offence to anyone of course - crikey, it's not Serge is it?

I meant the  puppy (not the Wilson one..)

Jack

I re-read your post and realised :doh:

..then had visions of Badger at a bake off. There would be utter chaos, shorted (or shortened) cables and no chips. He would absolutely love it.

Scamp isn't adequate for him. Socks offender more like.

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:23, GLB said:

Be nice to see you mate , we are in need of a decant power block for skegie and was wondering if you would do us the honour .

You too Chris. I'll PM you re: power blocks.

Super Wammer

To be honest I'm not bothered one way or the other about special ICs power cords etc. As far as I'm concerned my system makes a pretty decent noise with the hotch potch collection of name and non-name kettle leads I currently use. 

Chris is just a cable whore😁

14 hours ago, Lurch said:

To be honest I'm not bothered one way or the other about special ICs power cords etc. As far as I'm concerned my system makes a pretty decent noise with the hotch potch collection of name and non-name kettle leads I currently use. 

Chris is just a cable whore😁

have you heard your system with them give them a chance then you can tell me with an informed opinion , you have already said the difference in the less foo cables was heard by you ,  I can hear a difference especially in more complex music , your system sounds great with good material but when you put more complex music through it I can tell its down to the loom not the equipment . just my opinion .

Super Wammer

Probably true Chris, but I just cannot face chasing the dragon down another expensive avenue for the foreseeable future as I've just had £500 a month ripped out of my income. So what I haven't heard I won't miss, atleast for the time being. Maybe once I sell one of my bikes I can visit this but otherwise I see ignorance as bliss. 

Super Dealer

There is absolutely no benefit from expensive cables, as long as you are using something fit for purpose, the whole ‘loom’ idea is errant nonsense.

Keith

Super Wammer
21 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

There is absolutely no benefit from expensive cables, as long as you are using something fit for purpose, the whole ‘loom’ idea is errant nonsense.

Keith

giphy.gif

Refreshing thoughts from a dealer.

I've tried a few expensive options and I find my £20 second hand Van Damme 6mm2 'adequate' with the speakers I have. There are differences - not necessarily improvements - with more expensive cables, but I never found them significant enough to warrant the cost (eg Furutech speaker cables up to £1.5k/3m, Cardas Clear I/Cs at about £1k). Properly-designed electronics/drive units in good boxes is where it's at. Connect 'em up at reasonable cost and you are golden. Have a few fooey items and they make some but inconsequential difference.

Keith, don't know whether you're coming, but I'd strongly recommend you 'don't go'. As my dear dad would say, the chips taste of onions. In any case I'm bringing my dog. There won't be any. And they aren't worth eating. At all. No, nada. Really man, just don't. Closed shop type thing. Awkward parking. You hearing me?

I'm sure you'd be very welcome as are all comers at Johns - it's why we love him.

There are many who would agree with you all , not me as I have heard first hand the difference in cables , how ether your not taking into consideration your aging cloth ears , I would suggest an audiophile hearing aid for which I have the  patent if anyone is interested .

bingo.png