Sign in to follow this  
Biscuit

Music Snobs

Thommo get you to a point but some of the music I'm thinking about is crap, no artistic conent, just moneymaking sham selling dross of the highest degree to those too young and too stupid to know anybetter, this is not to be confused with proper stuff, wether it be hip hop soul, rock etc.

TBH I meant that a lot was crap and the other stuff is not to my taste, so I55 I may look at some of your suggestions, but I reckon a lot of your suggestions will be wasted on me, I too feel that a lot I could suggest just won't float yer boat, prog rock, swing, fusion etc, prolly not gonna be your bag.

Thommo, I hate to disagree with anyone twice in one day. But there is a point when intelligence dictates that no matter how polite you want to be some things are just Crap!

B00018JM4G.02.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

I rest my "heavy" case.

thommo wrote:

you love her, you do.

:lmao::lmao:

Jezzer wrote:

That Michelle is a walrus.

hoi, don't insult my power amp :cs:

Guest 155

analoguekid wrote:

Thommo get you to a point but some of the music I'm thinking about is crap, no artistic conent, just moneymaking sham selling dross of the highest degree to those too young and too stupid to know anybetter, this is not to be confused with proper stuff, wether it be hip hop soul, rock etc.

TBH I meant that a lot was crap and the other stuff is not to my taste, so I55 I may look at some of your suggestions, but I reckon a lot of your suggestions will be wasted on me, I too feel that a lot I could suggest just won't float yer boat, prog rock, swing, fusion etc, prolly not gonna be your bag.

Well,

Here are three albums that I return to continually, and which have been realesed within the last ten years or so.

1) 'Adriana Evans' Adriana Evans (1997 BMG Entertainment). In particularlisten to 'Looking For Your Love'. Beautiful.

2) 'Individuality (Can I Be Me?)' Rachelle Ferrell (2000Capitol Records).

3) 'Who Is Jill Scott? (Words And Sounds Vol 1)' Jill Scott (2000 Hidden Beach Recordings/Sony Music)

Just to start you off.

155:)

155 wrote:

Testure wrote:
Not worth getting wound up about, anyway what does he know about music, he just infered that Kraftwerk had run out of ideas by listening to Minimum Maximum!!

Chill with a beer and dream of shinny63DP :dude:

AgainI will answer the point. I simply stated that 'Minimum Maximum' might be taken as a sign that Kraftwerk had run out of ideas, or (to take it further), that electronicmusic in general had 'caught up' with them.Look at thelast few albums they have released, 'The Mix' - although interesting it is nothing more than a remix album of varying success, followed byanalbum built around the concept of the 'Tour De France' - an album which should have been completed in place of 'Electric Cafe'.

But since then?

Furthermoreit could be argued that'Minimum Maxmum' is nothing more than the concept of a remix album taken live -thatalbum primarily being 'The Mix'.

There is no denying the influence of Kraftwerk, and on this particular thread it is quite interesting to note their influence on Hip Hop and Electro Funk in particular - especially through the work of Afrika Bambaataa and Soul Sonic Force, Arthur Baker and John Robie. 'Number's runs through most of the early 1980'sWest Coast Hip Hop produced by the World Class Wreckin' Cru, The Unknown DJ and The Egyptian Lover.But unfortunately they have yet, in my opinion, to produce anything that matches the originality of 'Computer World', 'Trans Europe Express' or 'Electric Cafe'.

An apology is due 155, it was a bit of a sweeping statement on my part.:shock:

It didn’t help that I was still stuck in the office on Friday evening, getting wound up with a program that wasn’t quit working!! :x

Thanks for expanding your thoughts, I thought I'dstart a new post relating toKraftwerk and have posted my thoughts on this.

analoguekid wrote:

Jezzer wrote:
That Michelle is a walrus.

hoi, don't insult my power amp :cs:

She is NOT! There are differences, aside from the 'tash and the fishy odur Michelle is nothing like a walrus and I think they would be highly offended at the suggestion.

yeah one of them is a huge blubbering stinking mass, and the walrus is a sea mammal

Guest 155

Testure wrote:

155 wrote:
Testure wrote:
Not worth getting wound up about, anyway what does he know about music, he just infered that Kraftwerk had run out of ideas by listening to Minimum Maximum!!

Chill with a beer and dream of shinny63DP :dude:

AgainI will answer the point. I simply stated that 'Minimum Maximum' might be taken as a sign that Kraftwerk had run out of ideas, or (to take it further), that electronicmusic in general had 'caught up' with them.Look at thelast few albums they have released, 'The Mix' - although interesting it is nothing more than a remix album of varying success, followed byanalbum built around the concept of the 'Tour De France' - an album which should have been completed in place of 'Electric Cafe'.

But since then?

Furthermoreit could be argued that'Minimum Maxmum' is nothing more than the concept of a remix album taken live -thatalbum primarily being 'The Mix'.

There is no denying the influence of Kraftwerk, and on this particular thread it is quite interesting to note their influence on Hip Hop and Electro Funk in particular - especially through the work of Afrika Bambaataa and Soul Sonic Force, Arthur Baker and John Robie. 'Number's runs through most of the early 1980'sWest Coast Hip Hop produced by the World Class Wreckin' Cru, The Unknown DJ and The Egyptian Lover.But unfortunately they have yet, in my opinion, to produce anything that matches the originality of 'Computer World', 'Trans Europe Express' or 'Electric Cafe'.

An apology is due 155, it was a bit of a sweeping statement on my part.:shock:

It didn’t help that I was still stuck in the office on Friday evening, getting wound up with a program that wasn’t quit working!! :x

Thanks for expanding your thoughts, I thought I'dstart a new post relating toKraftwerk and have posted my thoughts on this.

Testure, that was really nice of you, hopefully we can now discuss music in the same way as Biscuit and I now can! I'm just glad that Biscuit invited me over, so that I could answer some of the points made in my absence.
Incidentally,one of the best concerts I have been to was Kraftwerk performing at the Brixton Academy in London.:)

Jezzer wrote:

Aload of people hate rap because they don't understand where it's coming from, it's roots etc. Most modern 'R&B and hip hop' with its bling postering drives me nuts. Hate it with a vengeance. It's lost its soul.

Absolutely true - all that bitches'n'bling stuff winds me up almost as much as Mariah Carey/Celine Dion!

That said, I loved rap/hip-hop/electro many years ago - I remembering ordering the Jonzun Crew's "Pack Jam" when I was a DJ, and nobody danced to it.. They wanted The Sisters of Mercy! (It was Leeds in 1982..)

But the most sadly un-noticed band was Trouble Funk (and much of the rest of Go-go). One of the best bands I ever saw, and so funky..

Oh, and BooYaa were my favourite, hip-hop-wise..